Fall 2014 ashtabula

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Fall 2014 ashtabula

Nice video, George!

Ok, Im slackin, nice video George hopefully I didn't spray you. Next time you show up we'll flip the throttle, I feel bad I didn't offer but no food and yeller cans make Jim more adventurous.

Great video George!!! Just wish i could have been there. Maybe next year! looked like great fun!!
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Thanks for the great footage George.. hope to see you behind the sticks next year.

I've been working on the video whenever I have time, it should be all done and uploaded by Sunday. I'm convinced hydromike's goal is to get on the thumbnail for every video; we have some pretty memorable shots this year. There's going to be a non-music version for sure. Does anyone have any song requests?

Great video,George. Thanks for posting it! The Bridge Cam is cool. What a blast. Now I better appreciate the track racers addiction! It's an urge to just get out there and break something,lol. This kinda being the "inaugural running" of this event should set the stage for more to come I hope. Should we consider a similar event on Saturdays in June or just leave that weekend dedicated to the track? I have only positive things to say about the event which,in my opinion,was the best time I ever had riding my Argo! I'm actually leaning toward putting Gizmo back together as a kinda "event specific" machine that is still user friendly for "normal" trail riding also. It won't take much,a little roll bar,a seat belt and voila. I'm all for making this event stick around and will help out in any way I can to ensure it's success. I will watch for further discussion of this topic. And for your video,Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    I'm convinced hydromike's goal is to get on the thumbnail for every video; we have some pretty memorable shots this year.

Heck, if we need a poster child for "crazy", or "stupid", I'm your man. I know I can't be the King, or sit at the Round Table, so I might as well be the Court Jester.

And Joe: we tried to lay out the track so it wasn't too aggressive and had lots of opportunities for smooth, fast riding. I think that's what made it so much fun. There were plenty of ups and downs, a little Creek action and not too many chances to really abuse the machines. The one spot we were a bit hesitant on including was the one that ultimately ate my machine. I think that as long as everybody wants to have this sort of event again, we'd be able to do it. I know a lot of folks want to dedicate their machines to the main track only, and that's cool. The hare scramble might just be the opportunity for folks to get involved in some aspect of racing that might be hesitant about making laps on the main track only. Speeds in the woods are slower, but it's tailored to a bit more agility than a flat out 30mph, 6000rpm powerslide in the Sweeper.

If we can get more people into any sort of racing, it's a benefit to the hobby.

totally agree with Joe and Mike, lets keep this hare scramble thing going. i set up my stock super chief up this year just for the hare scramble. Being already a fast stock machine. Added a roll bar, racing harness and a make shift (townie) seat witch needs further improvement. I left the seat up high like the factory bench seat giving up a little bit of handling for better vision thru the trails. Worked out well, i think for next event (hoping there will be more hare scrambles) still need some more tweaking but i think you are on the right path (Joe) in fixing up a trail specific machine for the hare scramble. The racers were very hard to keep up with, but not many finished either. Having reverse, electric start and headlights all could be beneficial to the hare scrambles. oh yes and Bridget please clue me in on the super glue trick.

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    The racers were very hard to keep up with, but not many finished either. Having

I think a lot of the problem with racers finishing was two-fold. Out of the DNFs on the list below, I ran into a tree, Kyle ran into the boulder in the stream (I think), I don't know what happened to Don in the Q-Ship (I think he ran into the same tree?), nor what happened to Brian. Both Air-Bud and GeoJem took voluntary early exits.

1 Lew W. (Lewie 72)
    2 Shanna G. (Shanna/Kevin Griffin)
    3 Josh V.
    4 James Gerber
    DNF Mike C. (Hydromike)
    DNF Don K. (Don)
    DNF Kyle Bootes
    DNF Brian Sharkey
    DNF Matt k. (Air Bud)
    DNF Alyssa C. (Geo Jem)

One of Brian's tires got upset and decided to leave his machine while going around the track.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread