2016 race rules

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016 race rules

Did that ever get the classes set up ? I am starting from Scratch so if I know what class to shoot for that would be what engine I will get ?
    Thing is I don't know how big or small to look for at this time ?
    Like to have a plan before I start the build just don't know where to start ?
    I really appreciate all your help !!

I think LittleG hopes to get the classes nailed down next month. Right now the biggest class is D stock, 0-500cc single carb, 2 stroke, fan cooled.

That sounds like a good class to look into. Good engine recommendation ?
    Skydoo,polairess, ??
    Also I take it that solid axles are a Must. But ys thing I would need the newer splinned ? I was thinking not as I plan on going lite and we aren't bogging it down in mud pits.

I would go for a 503 Rotax or 500 cc Spirit motor. Good power and parts availability. 1 1/4" solid axels with inner bearings and keyed sprockets would do fine. Splined are nice but pricey and heavy, and if you bend one they can't be straightened. Just be sure to have a good wheel hub that won't break or come off.

What did those engines come in ? I have been looking at Yamaha sleds but still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    What did those engines come in ? I have been looking at Yamaha sleds but still looking.
    The 503 Rotax came in Ski Doo and some Moto Ski snowmobiles. Try to find one with CDI ignition and dual carbs. The 500 Spirit engine was in Arctic Cats. Also the Kawasaki TA440A, B, and C engines are a great choice. They came in Kawasaki snowmobiles. And one of my favorites, the Cuyuna 440 in Scorpion snowmobiles. Cuyuna bought out JLO/Rockwell from what I've heard. Their 6 bolt, 5 port head is a great design and can be built up to make very good power. Hydromike and I both run these engines in our Attex racers.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I thought that for D stock you Have to run a single carb?

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    I thought that for D stock you Have to run a single carb?
    That is true. Some of the early sleds had single carbs. I would try for the newer dual carb and cdi motors and just find a single carb manifold for it. Then if you ever want to bump up to modified you would have the dual carb setup too.

Thats a Good point !

Just to clearify on something that keeps coming back to me. The roll bar rule for 11/2 inch diameter .120. Thickness or (equivalent )means that if you use 2 inch of a.095 thickness that is considered the equivalent hope this helps. Also we are not NASCAR we don't have all the hoops and supports that they do which is why we set different standards again any questions feel free to ask thats what I am here for

+ Reply to Thread