New springer build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New springer build

Old Bumpkins never die, they just fade away and then get reborn!

Here are more pics out of the Bumpkin skunk works. I got the motor and transmission mount done and figured out the muffler mounting. Boy what a job getting everything to line up and hit and miss everything it needs to! The motor and tranny will pivot up together to tighten the front chain. I like this set up because it eliminates the need for chain adjusters. It only needs 1 inch of travel to take out one link in the chain. More to come.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by countrybumpkin View Post
    Made a little progress on the springer. I stripped the frame of the old tranny and motor mounts and narrowed the back frame rails to accept the short axels from Bumpkin II. The front axels will be longer 1 1/4" splined to transfer drive from the T 20 to the back two. I need to finish up the pee wee to make more elbow room in the garage! As you can see in the one pic, the Bumpkin II is slowly disappearing, kind of sad.
    So, maybe this should be called Bumpkin ver 2.5?

Looking good Dave!
    Banned

I got the chain adjusters done today. I made the Attex style adjusters thicker and added an adjuster bolt. The front adjusters are bolted through the frame so they can be tightened from the outside. Those Attex adjusters were always a pita to tighten up the two nuts on the inside, so this will be quicker and easier. Starting to look like something, it has a seat!
    Attached Images

Hey Country Bumpkin. I've seen some of your other rides and they look sweet and awesome. Was wondering if you don't mind what you are using for the wheel hub that you build your A arms around. Looking to upgrade and adapt my old late 70's ARGO HTP to the springer style suspension and swap out the motor for not sure what yet on that. Great looking build.

I like your adjuster Idea
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    I like your adjuster Idea
    Me too! I don' like to get all greasy unless I have to.
    Last edited by countrybumpkin; 11-28-2015 at 01:07 AM.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Hey Country Bumpkin. I've seen some of your other rides and they look sweet and awesome. Was wondering if you don't mind what you are using for the wheel hub that you build your A arms around. Looking to upgrade and adapt my old late 70's ARGO HTP to the springer style suspension and swap out the motor for not sure what yet on that. Great looking build.
    Glad you like the buggies Darth I will try and get some pics tomarrow of the hubs for you.

Quote Originally Posted by countrybumpkin View Post
    Me too! I don' like to get all greasy unless I have too.
    Now wait a second if your not going to build these to break i might have to change the rules. I need a fighting chance and if your stay clean too long I have no problem handing out wrenches for help on mine. Lol

+ Reply to Thread