2016 Results from pine lake

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Results from pine lake

As always a great time at pine lake, top shelf facility. The track, food, camping and trails... thanks to the Fisher family and staff for the welcome year after year.
    so nice to see all the new and old (not old) but regulars 6x6 (some eight wheelers too) fanatics. i also want to thanks littleG for all of his hard work with the corrdination of putting together
    a seconds race season, and updated safety regs. gonna try to make Michigan but the i have to get the trail blazer worthy of the trip.

Thanks to Bud and crew for a great weekend and to Drew & JP for bringing all those spare parts to keep us running. I can't thank Dave G enough for all he does to keep the races running smoothly, and to whoever was responsible for putting Brad's and I mugs on the trophies, we are both honored and humbled.

Me and my shadow would like to thank Buddy and his clan for all their work and use of this great facility. A special thanks to David G for all his efforts and time put towards the sport and to David and Terry for all their hospitality. And thanks to the gentleman who brought out the Vintage Video of the races .
    Thanks to the Michigan boys for finding 2 small O-rings leaking air in Phil (the bastard) to get it to idle and allow 9 hours of hard usage on it, there was also about 10-15 hours of abuse put on "The Turd" which resulted in a broken bearing flange Sunday morning in front of camp. Lindsay rode Sandy all weekend with a slight gas boil 1 day and after a rest it was fine though I think it's fuel filter time.

Sorry to all I didn't get to spend much time with as we rode quite a bit and with the amount of attendees it was hard to spread yourself for any period of time, some of the night rides were fairly intense if you continued to turn left. I'm sure there is someone we've forgotten to thank so, thank you all.
    So many new and nice racers appeared this year, a lot of thought in the designs of these machines went along way. A couple of small bugs should be squashed by the next race. Only 2 machine's didn't compete on race day and 3 new machines finished the day with 2 or more races under the checkers, the refinements of some of the older racers went on to show that these guys are serious.

In the end I think the side competition was stiff but I may have pulled a win there, if not, "Hello my name is Jim and I have a problem" when camping.

Thanks again to everyone, see you in the Fall.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Another great weekend at Pine Lake! A big thanks to everyone who works behind the scenes to make this all happen. With racing in more classes this year, it's proving hard to record the races as well. I think we're going to start using more tripods and GoPros. We couldn't have asked for better weather to enjoy the outdoors, and the track was in fantastic condition.

Was this event for points in the NEEDT series? On their website it does not list the June Ashtabula.

Last edited by Nick O.; 06-29-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Fixed video.

Nice Nick.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O.
    Was this event for points in the NEEDT series? On their website it does not list the June Ashtabula.

[video=youtube;LgjZk9zoBJo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k71eNoWRP-k[/video]
    No Nick this was not a. Points. Race the points races are for the NE-EDTV series so milan michigan pine lake in july and PA in september

I just want to say you all are welcome it is a honor to put these events together for you great folks. The Fischer family really enjoys having us back time after time so I just want to say thank you to all who participate see you in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    I just want to say you all are welcome it is a honor to put these events together for you great folks. The Fischer family really enjoys having us back time after time so I just want to say thank you to all who participate see you in Sept.
    Thank you for all you do for the sport Dave, it is very much appreciated by all, and also a big thanks to the Fischer family for hosting

All-right all you junkies. I'm finally getting around to uploading my videos. Here's the Powder Puff race that GeoJem lead for a good portion before the evil Griffin-spawn ( ) got her on the low side before the bowl.

My A/Stock machine piloted by Alicia Borth was plugging up the entrance to the bowl in that race after a stupid breakdown (a rogue 6mm bolt got lodged in the spark advance... how bizarre). Two breakdowns for that machine, counting the broken coil ground wire during my A/Stock race, which is below. Pretty weird how JBF and I broke down at the same point, but we had a great vantage point for watching the great Sharkey A/Stock victory of 2016. Congrats again Brian....

::EDIT::

And here's the footage from the Cluster F.... er... the Free For All race. Footage from GeoJem's machine. She bailed after the 4th lap. I don't blame her one bit since it more often than not descends into a Royal Rumble cage-match.

Last edited by hydromike; 06-28-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks Mike!

Thanks for posting these! I would've loved to stay and watch the races but we didn't think we were goin to make it back to Illinois!!! brand new engine installed today. we'll be back next year for races and just a BIG maybe about sept!!

Thanks again.
    Dave Phelps

+ Reply to Thread