6x6 Racing Photo Contest - Please Vote

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite photo!

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Photo 1: Michael Stiles

9 15.79%
  • Photo 2: Mattie Oxender

10 17.54%
  • Photo 3: Surfer Dude

1 1.75%
  • Photo 4: Don

7 12.28%
  • Photo 5: Amphibious Drew

1 1.75%
  • Photo 6: ARGOJIM

7 12.28%
  • Photo 7: George

2 3.51%
  • Photo 8: jerseybigfoot

16 28.07%
  • Photo 9: hydromike

1 1.75%
  • Photo 10: geoJem

1 1.75%
  • Photo 11: techfx

2 3.51%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6x6 Racing Photo Contest - Please Vote

6x6 Racing Photo Contest - Please Vote

Entries for the 6x6 World racing photo contest are in. Please cast your vote for your favorite photo using the poll above. The top three photos will win prizes. Good luck to everyone! Voting ends July 15th. The original thread with details can be found here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...o-contest.html

Photo 1: Michael Stiles
    Description by Mike: Racing action on the track at Pine Lake

Photo 2: Mattie Oxender
    Description by Mike: Two 6x6s line up for a race

Photo 3: Surfer Dude
    Description by Surfer Dude: "I took this picture of Alicia Borth while out on the trails finding the deepest mudholes we could."

Photo 4: Don
    Description by Don: "We managed to recreate a shot from the past with help from some friends & family. (Thanks to Bob Sharky for the use of the red Max.)"

Photo for contest from 2016

Photo for reference from 1972

Photo 5: Amphibious Drew
    Description by Amphibious Drew: "This one during the drags is an instant classic with LittleG trying to deal with the brutal noise from the springers."

Photo 6: ARGOJIM
    Description by ARGOJIM: "Yes I drove it there intentionally."

Photo 7: George
    Description by George: "Good, family fun."

Photo 8: jerseybigfoot
    Description by jerseybigfoot: "Drag racing action. I think the smile says it all."

Photo 9: hydromike
    Description by hydromike: "This is just a shot that Geojem shot in the pits of me getting ready for the two-stroke modified race. I'm sitting in the 503 which is my first machine that I bought nearly 15 years ago. Not a heck of a lot to look at, but the building and rebuilding of this machine over the years a has pulled me through some tough times. The machine is really the cornerstone of my hobby, even if something as simple as a forgotten fuel filter causes my early exit from a race. We'll continue to fix, improve and refine this machine and I hope you will all do the same with yours when you encounter obstacles and failure. Hang in there; we do this for the enjoyment of it and even if we encounter setbacks or downright failure, we're a supportive group that are collectively in this for a common goal. It was only a fuel filter. Hang in there, and we'll see you all at the next race... "

Photo 10: geoJem
    Description by Mike: racerone3 smiling after hydromike ran racerone3's Coot into egoperf's trailer

Photo 11: techfx
    Description by Mike: techfx with Howard Gerber, the father of the RIM posing in front of a RIM

I probably won't win the contest, and most likely won't win a race, but I couldn't feel more like a winner than I do having two pictures of me and my little ones nominated. Damn my kids are cute!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Don't forget to vote for your favorite photo. We have a little under a week of voting left.

3 more days! Get your votes in. It's a close race for the 2,3,4 positions where every vote counts.

All great photos, but I laughed when I seen Argo Jims caption. Priceless!
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    All great photos, but I laughed when I seen Argo Jims caption. Priceless!
    I was feeling ambitious all weekend so put all 3 machines in places they should not have been, this was Thursday just after dusk while returning to camp Just veered to the right a couple times and stuck it where it didn't want to go (Imagine trying to put a SwampFox into a Ranger stepside only taller).
    We turned left a lot on Friday night and she was a fun and late one in the Turd (Max II), Saturday we had the leader turn right until she got tired and I started turning left again in the Turd with no head lights and the 3rd flashlight turning into a slow strobe, well it turned into a much less dramatic picture but a much more dramatic ride as the flashlight strobed "on" halfway down a deeper and wider ditch at full speed where all you can do is tense.

That one was NOT intentional by me, though Hydromike playing chauffer in Race's machine did do it intentionally with a small ringin around him afterwards.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    That one was NOT intentional by me, though Hydromike playing chauffer in Race's machine did do it intentionally with a small ringin around him afterwards.
    I had a black eye for nearly two weeks after bouncing my right temple-area off of the Wolf's roll cage. It was a heck of a vertical ride.

Lol. Should went with the ole " you should see what the other guy looks like".
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Last day for voting. Get your vote in while you can.

Congratulations to the winners of the photo contest:

1st place: jerseybigfoot
    2nd place: Mattie Oxender
    3rd place: Michael Stiles

I will be in touch over the next couple of days with each of you to arrange shipping of your prizes.

Thank you to everyone who participated including those that submitted photos and those of you that voted. This was fun and we will have to do it again.

+ Reply to Thread