Geneva new york

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Geneva new york

Track was fun for a while but the track management sucked
    Acta non verba

I would like to thank Matt and Mudd-Ox corporation for delivering 6 Vendetta tires and wheels for winning the 6 wheeled suspended class last year. Mudd-Ox's support for the racing community is greatly appreciated and this year they are matching the highest payout with other companies for the holeshot awards in the six wheel classes. Thanks again Matt and crew!
    Attached Images

The Amphib community is about the best bunch you could ever be associated with. Thanks to all for all the help getting the Mighty Mouse back in shape to race, even though the Management & staff at the "Paradise" speedway in Geneva made it impossible to test out the work. With Scott bringing specific parts for me and Dave, Brad, and Marc helping with the tools & skills, the 'mouse was back together in plenty of time to race (except there was no race).

Thanks to Mudd-Ox for the support as well; those tires are way cool. They'd look good on the Li'ltruck!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Great time with the gang as usual...but Paradise Speedway...they suck!
    Banned

"pair a dice" think we rolled a "snake-eyes" guys
    Had lots of fun and it was great to see everyone, kind of a bummer that we got the run around.
    We all traveled long and far, put lots of time and work into our machines. The track was nice but they were way under staffed, the few whom did staff it were way overwhelmed.
    It's a way cool circuit to be part of and invited to join but this is our third season and the plaques still have no six wheelers pics on them (don't quite fit the classes we race) it also it also states on the (NE-EDT) websight that we have the option of trophy (plaque) or 30 $, not sure if this applies to all places that get trophies or not but i have placed in most all of the events and have never been given this option yet. *we all should have been given this option last night.
    I hope things work out and not the end of the world if they don't but starting to feel like pine lake is the only place that makes me feel truly at home.

Michigan is up in the air for me at the moment but sure looking forward to the real 6x6world pine lake event.

So I am sitting here this morning assessing my plans for racing the rest of the season. I roached my A-Stock machines engine waiting to race so I lost my chance at gaining points for the race. We have another race coming and I don’t know if I will have the A-Stock machine back together in time. I missed my 2-Stroke Stock heat race because of engine issues. I got to race in the Main race but I don’t think they will give me any points since I didn’t race in the heat race. I would like to race in A-Stock, Modified, and Stock but at this point it is almost like my season starts in Michigan. The other question I am asking myself is, is it is worth it to drive all the way to Michigan with so many points already lost, especially after the way we were treated in NY. I am hoping that the events that took place at the last race will not be repeated. Last year was a really good year and I had a lot of fun. I am really disappointed so far this year and it makes me question whether or not driving all over the place, putting my body through the punishment of racing on tracks that aren’t really 6-wheeler friendly and spending so much money is worth it or is it better just to be happy with the time I spend at Pine Lake. Up until Saturday’s events I had planned on building a modified racer but I think I will put that on hold for the time being. I do want to say that we have a great bunch of people in this group and I really have a good time when we all get together. Every time we race I learn something new.
    Last edited by smudvapor; 05-22-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Geneva Finish positions from needy website
    A stock
    1 #1010 George Morrish
    2 # 484. Matt Oxender
    3 # 5040 Don Linton
    4 # 63 Marc Stobinski

4 stroke
    1 # 63 Marc Stobinski
    2 # 747 Nicholas Oxender
    3 # 1010. George Morris

2 stroke
    1 # 71 James Gerber
    2 # 5040 Don Linton
    3# 2206 Brian Sharkey
    4 # 8490 Scott Davis
    DNS # 3206 Bob Sharkey

Modified
    1# 71 James Gerber
    2 # 5040 Don Kinyon
    3# 9 Brad Smith
    4 # 00 Matt Kinyon

Springer
    1 # 1105 Matt Oxender
    2 #10 Brad Smith
    3 # 1 Dave Smith

Again I am really sorry for what happened I am already making phone calls trying to find why this happened. So far it sounds like the track caused a lot of the problems but I am working on it to get this resolved. We really don't want to lose any racers over this incident but I do understand it is a lot of time money and travel and to be blown off like that is not right. When I get more info I will pass it on as always again I am truly sorry this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Geneva Finish positions from needy website
    A stock
    1 #1010 George Morrish
    2 # 484. Matt Oxender
    3 # 5040 Don Linton
    4 # 63 Marc Stobinski

4 stroke
    1 # 63 Marc Stobinski
    2 # 747 Nicholas Oxender
    3 # 1010. George Morris

2 stroke
    1 # 71 James Gerber
    2 # 5040 Don Linton
    3# 2206 Brian Sharkey
    4 # 8490 Scott Davis
    DNS # 3206 Bob Sharkey

Modified
    1# 71 James Gerber
    2 # 5040 Don Kinyon
    3# 9 Brad Smith
    4 # 00 Matt Kinyon

Springer
    1 # 1105 Matt Oxender
    2 #10 Brad Smith
    3 # 1 Dave Smith

Again I am really sorry for what happened I am already making phone calls trying to find why this happened. So far it sounds like the track caused a lot of the problems but I am working on it to get this resolved. We really don't want to lose any racers over this incident but I do understand it is a lot of time money and travel and to be blown off like that is not right. When I get more info I will pass it on as always again I am truly sorry this happened.
    I should be in A Stock but they screwed up and listed me in Exhibition and then put me down for a DNF. I have no clue why they did that.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    I should be in A Stock but they screwed up and listed me in Exhibition and then put me down for a DNF. I have no clue why they did that.
    My guess is complete and utter incompetency.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I'd decided on the way home not to attend the Milan race, but after a 24 hour cool-down period I'm thinking that may have been a hasty decision. Milan treated us pretty well last year and it was a fun weekend. We'll see what happens.

Bud, on the other hand is still POed. If I hadn't hit him with "Klaatu: Barada, Nikto" early yesterday morning, the earth may not have been the same today. He doesn't race in the heats nearly as hard as he'd race a feature. Neither do I and it's most likely the same with all of us. What the Paradise Speedway did to us is unacceptable.

Thanks for checking on it for us, Dave. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

P.S. There is a Yelp site for Paradise Speedway where you can rate the track.

+ Reply to Thread