Geneva new york

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Geneva new york

I signed up for "A" stock however they listed me in the stock class (probably what the computer told them to do). When I noticed the discrepancy on the line up I notified the track official and she switched me to the "A" class and confirmed it with the office. I was having steering issues all day but did start the "A" heat and finished 3 laps. Worked on repairs for the main but never got to race. Then find out (according to the standings Dave posted) I was still listed in the "Stock" as a DNS. Brian ran good (3rd in stock) and I had some fun watching him have some success and fun. It was along way to travel (10 hours round trip for us, I know it was even longer for others) to sit around most of the day (and night) then not even get a chance to get on the track. We will not be attending the MI. race...See you at Pine Lake.

Thanks for the info I will work on getting that straightened also.

For those that were not at this event, what did the track folks do (or not do) that has caused such a stir?

number of other issues but the bigs ones were they ran out of time for the main's (races) they got to like race 16 in main events, then they postponed all the rest of the six wheeler events
    until they raced more of the three and four wheelers. then when it came back to us (six wheelers) finishing up they said they were past their curfew and we could not race. four stroke , modified, A class and springer class, never got to run the main events. we only race four laps for a heat and 6 for a main, not like the 25 laps and restarts they take up.
    sure i used as much gas sitting in the staging area as i did racing.

That stinks. "curfew" sounds like they are a little too close to a residential area.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I'd decided on the way home not to attend the Milan race, but after a 24 hour cool-down period I'm thinking that may have been a hasty decision. Milan treated us pretty well last year and it was a fun weekend. We'll see what happens.

Bud, on the other hand is still POed. If I hadn't hit him with "Klaatu: Barada, Nikto" early yesterday morning, the earth may not have been the same today. He doesn't race in the heats nearly as hard as he'd race a feature. Neither do I and it's most likely the same with all of us. What the Paradise Speedway did to us is unacceptable.

Thanks for checking on it for us, Dave. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

P.S. There is a Yelp site for Paradise Speedway where you can rate the track.
    I posted my review!
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    That stinks. "curfew" sounds like they are a little too close to a residential area.
    All the tracks we race at have a curfew of some sort.

its was like 2am makes for a lonnnnng day

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    its was like 2am makes for a lonnnnng day
    Especially when you add the drive home.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    All the tracks we race at have a curfew of some sort.
    The curfew wouldn't have been a problem if they'd been half organized during the race day. We'd have had time for a dozen feature races if they had only put forth a little effort. My suspicion is that the management knew they were going to run out of time and moved ALL the 6 wheel races to the end of the night so they wouldn't inconvenience the quads or trikes. Had we known what was going to happen, we could have left for home in the early evening and not wasted the whole day waiting, only to be turned away at the last minute.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread