Hamlin, PA NEEDT

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hamlin, PA NEEDT

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That's a good suggestion, Rod's Max, but I don't think it would work for us. There are many of us that run multiple classes with different machines or even more than one class with a single machine. Plus, I'd hate to be run over in my "A stock" by one of the fire-breathing springers!

I talked to Shawn after the races were over and (nicely) suggested that the tracks could be more organized and possibly get started earlier than two in the afternoon. The suggestion was even made that the six wheel class could run early in the day and pass on heat races since our numbers are small enough for everyone to qualify for the feature. The simplest remedy would be to start an hour or two earlier for one-day events. If we can drag our old butts out of bed early, these youngsters with their quads can do the same.

Some of the feature races for the quads and trikes are 20 laps, so they take a great amount of time to complete compared to our six (or four) lap features. When the night is getting on towards curfew, they're going to try and run the races that make them the most money (which ain't us!).

I, too, want to continue to race and don't want to ruin our welcome with NEEDT unless we have another option.

Another 2 cents for ya.
    Why not split it up to run A stock and 2 stroke stock together and 2 stroke mod and Springers together if needed (at least for heats)? Seems like sort of what we did the first few years back at Pine Lake. Bummed we didn't make it, but I guess not as bummed...

That probably wouldn't work because some of us run a machine in each class. I myself have an A stock and a D stock and wouldn't be able to run both machines if they were running in the same race.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Well we are supposed to have two new east races at Buds next year so i can pretty much guarantee no problems at those two as for the rest we will see tried making some calls today but no answer Scott I agree with 100% you won't find a better family than this one I might T bone you roll you but I will be the first one there to fix you and get you back out there I am really hoping next year will be better for me and I too can once again strap in and bring out another fire breathing Springer thanks for that one Don looked at my D stock three times Saturday and should just pull it out and get it fixed but that sounded like work for the winter but I am going to. Buds to get the mckay back and get busy on that watching is fun but its getting old. As soon as I get Matt Kinyon points fixed I will post the standings on hear great I know this wasn't the greatest season but thank you all who partipated maybe we can things ironed out and get some more of these racers out here and get our numbers up again so we are taken seriously again.CONGRATULATIONS to all you see you pine lake I hope.

Even with all the admin problems, I can't say it's been a bad racing season this year. No matter what happens outside our group, this bunch stays the same. You won't find a better gathering of misfits no matter where you look or what activity you're into. We've even added some members and they seem to fit in just fine. See you all at Pine Lake!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Even after a 24 hour day, 15-20 minutes for 8 laps of racing and for 95.00 I ended up with 2 plaques I'd still like to thank NEEDT to allow us to race .
    It was nice to hang with all the people once again, congratulations to all the winners.
    With only a couple bent axles, broken or thrown chains, a ujoint and some engine issues everyone drove on the trailers in one piece.
    See you guys at Pine Lake.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Final point standings for the season

Modified class

1st Don Kinyon 69 points
    2nd Matthew Kinyon 63 points
    3rd James Gerber 62 points
    4th Brad Smith 38 points
    5th Derek Brink 35 points
    6th Scott Davis 32 points
    7th Lew Weiher 18 points

4 STROKE

1st Marc Stobinski 75 points
    2nd Nicholas Oxender 60 points
    3rd Dave Smith 42 points
    4th George Morrish 38 points
    5th Jim Cheney 20 points

2 STROKE STOCK

1st Don Kinyon 72 points
    2nd James Gerber 69 points
    3rd Scott Davis 53 points
    4th Brian Sharkey 38 points
    5th Derek Brink 36 points
    6th Bob Sharkey 32 points
    7th Lew Weiher 18 points

Springer Class

1st Matt Oxender 75 points
    2nd Brad Smith 64 points
    3rd Dave Smith 62 points

A STOCK

1st Matt Oxender 66 points
    2nd Marc Stobinski 59 points
    3rd Don Kinyon 55 points
    4th George Morrish 50 points
    5th Scott Davis 36 points
    6th Jim Cheney 20 points

Congratulations to all of you on a season well done.

I texted back and forth with Shawn today here is some of what was said.

U guys are always a pleasure... 2 races at pine lake in 2017?? Just an idea .. I know u had issues at other tracks but we could consider that a 2 race series as idea also .. just felt bad for new York and Hamlin

I am looking into getting rid possibly of some of the exhibition classes and might make option as only available at pine lake ... we basically have almost too many right now I think .. maybe considering 3 main classes and then add 2 for special classes at pine lake is just one idea .. Not that they take allot of time just looking at everything and just throwing out ideas...

Yea the guys even said that maybe they could just run mains and scratch the heats. On busy nights my question is can we start earlier at one day events like registration from 8 to 10 am practice from 9 to 11 and start heats around 11:30. And if we finish before 11 pm great its that much sooner everyone gets on the road

For times that is always idea ... if they just ran one race we could easily give them a longer race during heats and they could always be done during day ... races except pine lake is 2 days could run as double event. Score sat and Sunday equally also . 2 main events. I am open to ideas..

Well I got a race coming up at Buds Oct 20 to 22 with all these guys so I will be talking to everyone and see what they have to say if you want to take a ride out and talk we'd love to have you if anyone has suggestions I will pass them on to you hopefully next year I will be back racing or at least making more events

There was a girl for me taking photos and I think she took a bunch of 6 wheelers once I get flash drive I will post some for those guys.. might be a week or so before it arrives. Let them know I asked her to take some . Thanks

Congratulations to all of the leaders as well as the challengers, it takes a lot of time,skill,knowledge, luck and perseverance to end up on top.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Here is a link to Hamlin track photos

https://strictlydirtphotography.smug...1617/i-XVwCwPv.

lol.. i'm at it again 6527 nice shot, caught the pose

+ Reply to Thread