Hamlin, PA NEEDT

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hamlin, PA NEEDT

Hamlin, PA NEEDT

Okay: anybody else PO'ed about the NEEDT organization (or complete lack thereof)?

At least this time we weren't singled out as the only ones to take the fall for late start and disorganized race scheduling. There were quads and trikes just as mad as we were for being denied the chance to race a feature event (after paying for it).

Because the track ran out of time at curfew, the A-stock class didn't get to run the feature race and once again the class was forced to accept the heat placement as points for the race. No one pushes as hard in the heat as in the feature; this is no way to run a race event.

That being said, it was great to see everybody and the races we got to run were a blast. Hamlin is a short, tight track that keeps your adrenaline running in a steady stream. 'Could've been an absolutely great weekend. I'm hoping NEEDT and the track admins can get things straightened out and we can continue to compete.

just my 2 cents
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Yes Don after everything went so smooth at that track last year I very disappointed with what I heard last night I am going to be trying to find out what can be done for future events. I don't know if Shawn neeeds, more help or if they just have no concept of time. So I was told 4 strokes and A stocks from us plus 3 wheelers and four wheelers. I am currently working on the points issue cause you where posted as a new racer so your scored twice in the season results not that points really mean a hole hell of alot this year with the way things have gone but once again I am aware of the situation and seeing what can be done on behalf of myself I am very SORRY guys and if we can't get these problems straightened out I will tell New east to go pound salt and come up with more events for us. I understood the first one new track 88 year old owner that caters to three wheelers but there really is no excuse for this one the Hamlin track crew seems to have their stuff together I think this one is new east fault taking your money and not racing is a theft of service and could get someone into alot of trouble. I will keep you posted on what I hear again I am Sorry and at least we don't have to worry about these problems at Pine lake I hope to see everyone there and we will have some fun.

""""""""""""""''

One more thing does anyone have a picture of the actual race line up or did they run what scott posted under Milan thanks.

I'll have Lindsay send you the first 2 pages which includes us, I believe they were on race 21 or 22 at the 11:00 hour. We did not get the feature line up picture.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

To all who attended the Hamlin event. Im not happy also but appreciate the opportunity to race. I would approach Sean by asking what he needs to in the way of help to keep us in the series.
    It takes as much track time to race three machines as it takes 20. The 6x6 machines are rather exclusive with its limited entries. From a expense point of view both time and profit we are on the loss column. so please don"t tell them to pound salt. I rather skip the heats or combine classes in the heats than loose the chance.
    Acta non verba

Would it be possible to run all the classes of six-wheelers at the same time and score each class individually like they do in sports car racing series (ie IMSA, 24 hours of Daytona or 24 hours of Le Mans)? This would put more machines on track at once, limit track time and still let everyone run the heats and mains. This could be a compromise to keep the six-wheelers in the racing series. In non sanctioned events (like Pine Lake in October) you can run the classes separately. This is just a suggestion and I do not know if it would work for you but it could be worth a try to keep 6x6 racing alive.

That's a good suggestion, Rod's Max, but I don't think it would work for us. There are many of us that run multiple classes with different machines or even more than one class with a single machine. Plus, I'd hate to be run over in my "A stock" by one of the fire-breathing springers!

I talked to Shawn after the races were over and (nicely) suggested that the tracks could be more organized and possibly get started earlier than two in the afternoon. The suggestion was even made that the six wheel class could run early in the day and pass on heat races since our numbers are small enough for everyone to qualify for the feature. The simplest remedy would be to start an hour or two earlier for one-day events. If we can drag our old butts out of bed early, these youngsters with their quads can do the same.

Some of the feature races for the quads and trikes are 20 laps, so they take a great amount of time to complete compared to our six (or four) lap features. When the night is getting on towards curfew, they're going to try and run the races that make them the most money (which ain't us!).

I, too, want to continue to race and don't want to ruin our welcome with NEEDT unless we have another option.

Another 2 cents for ya.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

yes not happy with the way this year played out. Geneva, and Hamlin both were happy to take our money but if
    you read between the lines they know they get to keep the money whether or not we all get to race. i know that
    its a long day and lots of races to get threw. would be a little more understandable if it was the weathers fault.
    We very much enjoy and appreciate that the Needt circuit giving us a home to race. i hope we can get this worked out.
    If this keeps up, these tracks are not going to invite Needt back, specially if they get bad feed back.
    Congrats to this years points champions and everyone who came to support the series.
    i still have to sign up for the awards banquet and hope to see more of us there this year.

see you all at pine lake, its a great way to end the season.

This year was not very good to me. Many mechanical issues coupled with poor track management led to a very disappointing year. On the up side we all still got to race. Hopefully next year the majority of my mechanical issues will be behind me and weather will be our friend again. On a happier note I FINALLY FINISHED AN “A” STOCK RACE!!! I am not sure if I am out of the water yet. (An A-Stock main race would have answered that question) I will have to see how it goes at Pine Lake next month. I am going to get mushy for a minute. I have to say that no matter the mechanical issues, the track problems, and the weather. The best part of all of this is the people that I have come to know and the friendships I have made. Whether we race or not I really look forward to hanging out all of you guys. Maybe I finish and maybe I don’t but I know someone is rooting for me and I am rooting for them. I have had people send me parts overnight, rebuild clutch’s when I was in a clutch, weld my machine together, lend me tools, give me advice, lend me parts, the list goes on and on. This is the real reason I am up until 1:00 am wrenching on a machine, driving 10 hours ‘round trip to a race, dropping who knows how much money into a machine for the thrill of a four lap race. We sometimes have our bad days and sometimes the tracks let us down but when we all get together it is still always a great time. I can’t wait until next season and I hope everyone comes to the banquet for one last hoorah before we close up for the winter. My 2-cents.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

The NEEDT management at Geneva and Hamlin was beyond disappointing. It is more than possible to fit all 33 classes into a single day of racing without going past the track's curfew, which I am confident NEEDT was aware of prior to these events. Not only did we plan our weekends around these events, travel long distances during a time of inflated gas prices, and spend an irrational amount of resources into our machines, but we have also been a loyal group of people for NEEDT. We as a community have been drama-free and respectful to their organization. We as a community have been polite, understanding, and loyal.

However, their administrative responses to these occurrences were unbelievable. NEEDT knew (once again) far in advance 1/3 of the classes were not going to beat the 11 pm deadline yet hid this information. Once the announcement was called, I walked to the administrative tower and asked about our refunds. I was told to pound sand as an individual, and to pound sand as a sponsor.

The most staggering part is during this time of announcement, a certain individual's trailer was already packed at 11 pm and ready to leave with our race money (again).

I am more than happy with our own 6x6 races at Bud's a couple times per year. Out of three big events this weekend, I chose NEEDT. I drove 28 hours to attend, arriving home at 2am on Monday morning. I am unwilling to do this again unless I am 100% certain I will race.

On a positive note: It is extraordinary to have a great bunch of people who race each other, then head back to the pits and help repair their competitor's machines. Everyone is friendly and happy to be at the track together. Dad and I discussed on the way home how honored we are to have the privilege of experiencing 6x6 ATV racing.

+ Reply to Thread