BF with a 1956 Johnson OB

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BF with a 1956 Johnson OB

BF with a 1956 Johnson OB

Here is a pic of my Bf with trevorakm1's tracks, and my sweet running 56' 5.5 johnny. Swam up river/brook yesterday total water time about 2 hours. The short shaft works perfect to clear the shallows and underwater logs........yet rarely cavitates. I climb up over 2' high damns with motor running at idle in gear, and drop into the deep on the other side and throttle johhny up and keep going. Freaking amazing combo. Goes about walking speed with the tracks stopped/engine off.
    Attached Images

looks like an awesome ride...I can see me getting into trouble with that!!

If I could find assert outboard like that I would do the same combo!

steve i hope you got a little time when i come to get those tracks. i got to see what you got going on with the outboard. that looks like the summer set up i'm looking to put together for up in maine. i like that custom winch plate on the max also, good idea with the grab handles.

trevor

coollllllllllllllllllllllll love the old johnny . i have a 1959 merc 350 thunder bolt ( 40 hp ) with 1 1/16 carbs off a 50 hp merc . love my old outboards . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Thanks guys....I have the ultimate argo/max playground in my backyard. The brook when high in spring is a 6mph river great for a boat, but when it starts to drop and slows to 1~2mph, the AATV trail is on. Many areas are shallow enough for wheel/track to grab, logs down, and beaver damns to climb over. Quite the jungle back there with lots of wild life and great quiet time. I'm planning a 50 lb thrust troller for the max so we can take the two machines on ducks tours. lol.

+ Reply to Thread