6x6 Racing Results 2015

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing Results 2015

Yeeesh!

Sorry Nick.

I felt us bump on the tabletop but I had no idea what happened after that until I got home ( a few hours ago) and watched the video I recorded from inside the car.

I really am sorry.
    Banned

Thanks George, I know racing happens. Would you post that video?
    I think it would be safer to keep the springers in the springer class. If one springer makes contact with another, the suspension seems to absorb the energy instead of sending the machine flying. I remember r/c cars being the same way when dad and I raced them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    I think it would be safer to keep the springers in the springer class. If one springer makes contact with another, the suspension seems to absorb the energy instead of sending the machine flying. I remember r/c cars being the same way when dad and I raced them.
    Yeah....Probably a good idea. Though I'd really miss the "Free for All"
    Banned

Glad you're okay, Nick. Machines get fixed, bodies need to heal.... looks like your neck should be sore for at least a week (after replaying video 3 times). George, free for ALL says it ALL. I do agree with the fact that springers have their OWN class, and shouldn't be allowed in lesser classes due to engine size and # of carbs.

Nick, Glad you were OK, was a little worried for a few minutes there. I had to watch that wreck and the race I should have been in from the staging area. I missed all races due to a carburetor that decided to start taking a leak of fuel and Don fortunately noticed when the machine was off and sitting there. I thought we had it fixed, then it decided to do it again not long before the free for all.. need to do a a complete cleaning/check on those now. At least other parts of the machine are ready for next time. Dad busted only busted a rear U joint on the springer. Fortunately the rest held together. I felt like we got there at a new record time (around 4pm Sat), but had less time to mingle due to things like my Big max carb/clutch issues and the weather. Was a little bit of a bummer for me, but still had good times and wouldn't miss it.

What a great time again this year. Thanks to the entire group at Fischer cycle and the hobbyists who continue to support us at Pine Lake. GeoJem and I brought down a couple racers and the Newt the Bold came along for a little shake-down testing. I got a little overzealous with the D/stock during practice laps and broke some parts playing around with Lewie72 (just like last year) and the repairs made on Saturday didn't hold up for the races unfortunately. GeoJem pulled a far-away second behind the Griffin Rocketship, but she had a great time trading places with Ms. Cheney (great to see you on the track Lyndsey). I have a good video of the "Power Puff" race from the GoPro that I'll try to upload at some point.

The Newt did alright for its IPO, but it's running the wrong spring in the primary clutch that only lets it use about 30% of the clutch on an even downhill slope. It still garnered a lot of attention and a lot of compliments from folks which I really, really appreciate. I hope to have some minor bugs worked out and to get some more appropriate testing done on it over the summer.

We'll get stuff cleaned off and fixed right and see everybody down in Delevan, NY in a couple weeks!

A big thank you to Bud and his crew! As always it was great seeing everyone again.
    Nick, I am so glad that you are alright and the roll cage did it's job, I would of been beside myself if it would have failed. I have a first Gen body if you want it you can have it.I am not sure how nice it is but you are welcome to it.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    Thanks George, I know racing happens. Would you post that video?

I do think contact with any other wheels, pre or mid jump could provide the same outcome.. maybe for both machines though, depending on the machine and that specific jump has claimed a number of victims the past 6 years. I'm personally not opposed to still trying to give one of those fancy cushy sneaky heavier machines an attempted run for their money .

+ Reply to Thread