440 Thunderchief Racer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 440 Thunderchief Racer

440 Thunderchief Racer

Thanks to amphibiousdrew and jpswift for selling me my racer project - a 440 Thunderchief! I have been wanting to build a racer for that last couple of years since jpswift and hydromike let me take a spin in their racers at Ashtabula. I am making this thread to share pictures of my build and ask a lot of questions along the way!

Here are some pictures of the initial cleaning of the body. I still have to shine it up, but the initial degrease is pretty much over! I think it will shine up very well. The only real damage to the body is a crack along the rear of the upper body that was sloppily repaired. It also has one crack that runs below the muffler all the way to the bottom of the lower body, but that will plastic weld nicely. I am very excited for this build!

-Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Sweet! This should be a fun project. I look forward to watching your build.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Looks like a great start! That should be a lot of fun on the track.

I hear those 2 guys that sold you your project are pretty good at encouraging addictions. You got a few weeks to build it. Good luck, and we will all be expecting to see a finished project on the track.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread