Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
That's a good suggestion, Rod's Max, but I don't think it would work for us. There are many of us that run multiple classes with different machines or even more than one class with a single machine. Plus, I'd hate to be run over in my "A stock" by one of the fire-breathing springers!

I talked to Shawn after the races were over and (nicely) suggested that the tracks could be more organized and possibly get started earlier than two in the afternoon. The suggestion was even made that the six wheel class could run early in the day and pass on heat races since our numbers are small enough for everyone to qualify for the feature. The simplest remedy would be to start an hour or two earlier for one-day events. If we can drag our old butts out of bed early, these youngsters with their quads can do the same.

Some of the feature races for the quads and trikes are 20 laps, so they take a great amount of time to complete compared to our six (or four) lap features. When the night is getting on towards curfew, they're going to try and run the races that make them the most money (which ain't us!).

I, too, want to continue to race and don't want to ruin our welcome with NEEDT unless we have another option.

Another 2 cents for ya.
Why not split it up to run A stock and 2 stroke stock together and 2 stroke mod and Springers together if needed (at least for heats)? Seems like sort of what we did the first few years back at Pine Lake. Bummed we didn't make it, but I guess not as bummed...