Easiest Amphib to work on

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easiest Amphib to work on

Easiest Amphib to work on

Based on experience, which machine is easier to work on and replace parts? I think the Argo is a pain in the butt. My starter has gone bad again and it’s just a nightmare. I’ve spent all week working on it and don’t find it easier. Is there one where access to the engine and all the parts is easier?

max

Attex is the easiest in my book.

i like my modified max 2. j.b.

having never worked on another I can't compare but my Max 4 seems easy enough

Easiest:
    1. Attex
    2. Max IV
    3. Either any Argo or Max II.

None. Followed by what Liflod said
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As far as starters the Max IV would be easiest followed by the Kohler aluminum engine machines, Vanguards just plain suck no matter what machine except the maybe the IV. The starters in Argos are a pain sometimes.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I don't think which machine you work on makes much difference, still plan on skinning some knuckles, getting some cuts, and contorting your body into some positions it wasn't really designed to flex to.
    Every machine I've ever worked on had some positives, and negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    None. Followed by what Liflod said
    Well said. Attex has easy access to everything! The Max IV’s downside is the transmission being under the engine. All engine points are easily accessible, but to get to the t-20 you must remove the engine. Max II’s access to the engine is limited through the access panel in the upper body, but once you unbolt all the wing nuts around the machine, everything is right there to wrench on.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread