Poll: Amphiman1's Return

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: Should Amphiman1's ban be removed?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - we want him back!

10 32.26%
  • No - please keep him off the site.

21 67.74%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Amphiman1's Return

A post I made last week asking the Moderator to share the links of other forums and websites they manage was also deleted from that thread. Go figure.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    A post I made last week asking the Moderator to share the links of other forums and websites they manage was also deleted from that thread. Go figure.
    Hello George. Is this the post you are referring to? If so, it was never deleted. We do apologize for not specifically responding to it. The answer to relating questions was a few posts above.

My apologies. I guess I got my threads mixed up.

I'm not trying to be difficult here (though I have been known to antagonize people who have "stirred the pot") but if your answer to my question is that you want to keep this forum separate from your other online activities then I have to wonder if they are family friendly like this one. Why does the identity of the other sites you manage require such discretion? After all, 6x6World has always been about getting the word out about amphibious ATVs. Will that still be a part of the mission?

Anyway, I'm not going to hijack this thread any further so I'll just copy and paste that question in the appropriate place.

I've always found Amphiman to be an enjoyable character on this site. However, if the allegations are true, then he should not be allowed back. People who would screw the newbies or established members of this site for their own personal gain have no business being here.
    Banned

I would like to make a comment, now that the poll is closed.

While I am a proponent of Democracy, it always bothers me when there is a vote on an issue with so little interest that the voter turn out is extremely low and a minority decides for the majority. In this poll, 31 voters decided for 14220 members. That is 2/10 of a percent voter turn out. The poll started on the 25th at 10:13PM. There were some comments made in the next hour. Then activity picked up again after 6AM and continued until about 1PM on the 26th and then picked up again between 8PM and 10PM the 26th. There was little activity on the 27th and apparently none on the 28th. All the while, voters are seeing the voting results. I know when I was "voting" there was a 50/50 tie. Later, as time went on, the voting began to swing one way. I have to wonder if showing on going poll results might dissuade some from voting. While there was equal opportunity for all to vote, and that is the democratic way, it should raise some concern.

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    I would like to make a comment, now that the poll is closed.

While I am a proponent of Democracy, it always bothers me when there is a vote on an issue with so little interest that the voter turn out is extremely low and a minority decides for the majority. In this poll, 31 voters decided for 14220 members. That is 2/10 of a percent voter turn out. The poll started on the 25th at 10:13PM. There were some comments made in the next hour. Then activity picked up again after 6AM and continued until about 1PM on the 26th and then picked up again between 8PM and 10PM the 26th. There was little activity on the 27th and apparently none on the 28th. All the while, voters are seeing the voting results. I know when I was "voting" there was a 50/50 tie. Later, as time went on, the voting began to swing one way. I have to wonder if showing on going poll results might dissuade some from voting. While there was equal opportunity for all to vote, and that is the democratic way, it should raise some concern.
    Hello Hipowerone. Every member of the forum had the same opportunity to vote. Although the forum has over 14,000 members, the number of active users is far fewer.

Hi Moderator
    "Every member of the forum had the same opportunity to vote."
    I believe that I stated just that in my last sentence. My major concern is that the POLL was constantly updated. If it was possibly viewable by all before they voted, then there lies my concern. If you can state that was not the case, then I will be satisfied. One reason that the "MSM" loves to toy with political elections by using exit polls is they feel that they can sway voters. Having been part of the electoral counting and verification process in my home state for over 14 years, I can attest to the fact that many people will not cast a ballot if they think that the outcome will not be changed by one vote. If they see a two to one balance, they definitely will not vote. Usually, when there is a neck and neck tie, right down to the finish, voter turn out usually is much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    Hi Moderator
    "Every member of the forum had the same opportunity to vote."
    I believe that I stated just that in my last sentence. My major concern is that the POLL was constantly updated. If it was possibly viewable by all before they voted, then there lies my concern. If you can state that was not the case, then I will be satisfied. One reason that the "MSM" loves to toy with political elections by using exit polls is they feel that they can sway voters. Having been part of the electoral counting and verification process in my home state for over 14 years, I can attest to the fact that many people will not cast a ballot if they think that the outcome will not be changed by one vote. If they see a two to one balance, they definitely will not vote. Usually, when there is a neck and neck tie, right down to the finish, voter turn out usually is much higher.
    Thank you for the insight. On the next polls (for t-shirts, etc) we will see about hiding voter counts until the end.

not in this case. those interested in the topic probably had a poor experience and voted. those not familiar with the topic probably did not click on.
    Acta non verba

Steve was banned many years ago. at that time we were a much smaller community. I think (certainly hope) that most of the people who did cast a vote were among us who were on the site back then and had personal experiences with him, or at least witnessed his antics.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

maybe we should use the ELECTORAL VOTE. each person that voted will get the same amount that is represented of their home state.

+ Reply to Thread