Forum Clean Up

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Forum Clean Up

I'd like to second that notion mr moderator.

Although I am somewhat new to this forum, I am in 4 others, and tbone9's suggestion is note worthy. I did not read the offending posts, but the way they are handled elsewhere is first, they are hidden. Then the offender is given a 7 hour time out, while all the moderators vote on a temporary 2 week ban. If the vote fails, then the offender is allowed back after the 7 hour time out. If the vote succeeds then the offender is out for a full 2 weeks. Only in cases of severe repeat offenders, or a top level offence is the perma-ban used, and even then except for very severe cases is reversed after several months or years.

I very much enjoy being a part of this forum, and certainly do not want to step on toes, but the offending posters I am referring to in other forums usually were able to correct their behavior, and could contribute to the forum in very positive ways, sharing years of experience.

This is just my thoughts, and of course you may do as you see fit.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    Although I am somewhat new to this forum, I am in 4 others, and tbone9's suggestion is note worthy. I did not read the offending posts, but the way they are handled elsewhere is first, they are hidden. Then the offender is given a 7 hour time out, while all the moderators vote on a temporary 2 week ban. If the vote fails, then the offender is allowed back after the 7 hour time out. If the vote succeeds then the offender is out for a full 2 weeks. Only in cases of severe repeat offenders, or a top level offence is the perma-ban used, and even then except for very severe cases is reversed after several months or years.

I very much enjoy being a part of this forum, and certainly do not want to step on toes, but the offending posters I am referring to in other forums usually were able to correct their behavior, and could contribute to the forum in very positive ways, sharing years of experience.

This is just my thoughts, and of course you may do as you see fit.

Steve
    +1

I'm more of a reader than a poster on this forum, but all of these users had great content related to the hobby. I learned a lot from them and will plan on following their contributions to other boards as I learn a lot from them. Please reconsider the permanent ban with one of the suggestions mentioned by other posters in this thread. They need to follow the rules, but 6x6World has become what it is largely because of these pioneers in the hobby.
    Last edited by AndyL; 08-02-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
    They already addressed that point JP, whether you're prominent members of the community or not, consistently displaying the type of behavior that this group of individuals did can't be tolerated if the rest of the community is expected to be able to enjoy the forum.
    I'm aware of that TravisW. I'm not going to get into everything now, but there are a lot of people that don't know the entire story. I'm not going to go back and forth here, but I'll agree that these members don't deserve a permanent ban.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I'm aware of that TravisW. I'm not going to get into everything now, but there are a lot of people that don't know the entire story. I'm not going to go back and forth here, but I'll agree that these members don't deserve a permanent ban.
    I agree as well. Lot's of good folks that got the boot. I hate that it happened, but playing devil's advocate and taking Moderator Bob at his word, if there have been multiple warnings, would think some type of action would be appropriate, but a permanent ban seems harsh. I do agree with the moderator that we should all mind our Ps & Qs and try our best not to offend one another, we all may be subject to straying every now and then.

hard to ignore a little humility and apology from someone who was banned and says they realized they did go out of bounds on the guidelines of the forum and got somewhat carried away. do you think any of these people fell this way and if so,how would they let the moderators know ? do they even care to comeback ? jb

I never noticed the ads much, but I do know that once in a while the dating sites would pop up even when Mike had the helm. 'Never really saw any that were obscene or too suggestive. However, today there was a banner advertising Al Gore's new movie. Now I AM offended.

Kidding aside, many of the folks in the last wave of exiles were my friends and I'll miss their input to the site. We lost a great deal of knowledge, skills, and wit when they left. I understand that the mods have to do what they think is best for the site and it's their decision, but I'd like to think the last group would be welcomed back at some later date (on the chance that they'd be willing to return).

Just my 2 cents.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

forum clean up

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

many of the folks in the last wave of exiles were my friends and I'll miss their input to the site. We lost a great deal of knowledge, skills, and wit when they left. I understand that the mods have to do what they think is best for the site and it's their decision, but I'd like to think the last group would be welcomed back at some later date (on the chance that they'd be willing to return).

Just my 2 cents.
    Please count my 2 cents with Don's

There are others who share info as these banned folks did. They are not banned, nor did they leave. This place will survive.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread