Maine Moose hunt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maine Moose hunt

Maine Moose hunt

Just wanted to share the good news from Maine, today was the moose lottery and my wife was picked. this is the 2nd time in 7 years and the zone is our home town in Northern Maine.

the bad thing is I will be overseas once again like I was on her last hunt. Her last hunt she got a 596 lb cow..this year she was chosen for a bull.

I am in Boston waiting for my flight overseas right now and i even missed the drawing which was done in Caribou Maine, 15 minutes from my house, the drawing was at 2 and her name was picked at 3.

larry

Congra's on the Moose ticket I got picked back in '99 we got a small eat' bull about 750 lbs after field dressed...fine eats... If you heading out on service duty Wish you a safe tour and a quick return ...and Thanks

hey larry, as ruth and i rode our goldwing trike across canada west to east a couple of summers ago, every few miles was a sign '' watch for moose''. we never saw one the whole 2500 miles. but cruising thru maine one evening in a fog ,about a mile past a lodge.. he comes a big bull on the road right ahead of us. we stopped in time, watched him cross...then turned around and went back and stayed the nite in the lodge. they are big up close. take care overseas.. what do you do ? johnboy va.

Hi John and BW3

I am no longer in the military, (6 years in the USMC). I worked on the OV-10 Bronco as a Garrett 331 engine mechanic, hence my user name.

I work for different ppl from Iraq, Colombia,, Afghanistan and Africa as a Garrett TPE 331 engine mechanic that are on many different types of aircraft which are used for ISR platforms.

Sitting in the Dubai business lounge now waiting for my next flight into Africa, Sorry but cant say where. I know it is a cliché but it is what it is.

Larry

thanks for the reply larry... i just looked up the ov-10. what a cool plane. i love the big cockpit and the twin rear fins ! kind of a cross between a fighter jet and a buisness plane. since we don't know where you are, i guess we won't drop in for a surprise visit !! stay safe and have fun, johnboy va.

Understood,stay safe and Thank You ,....

+ Reply to Thread