1989 Argo Magnum 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1989 Argo Magnum 8x8

1989 Argo Magnum 8x8

PRICE REDUCTION!!!

I purchased this unit back in November. A lot of folks on this forum have been very helpful in diagnosing what I thought was a big problem that turned out to be a minor problem (needed new spark plugs) which you can read about if you search my threads.

I have replaced the plugs, changed the oil and filter, greased all the chains, replaced the battery, and it now runs great.

This past Sunday was the maiden trip back to the marsh since getting everything running right. The machine ran great and had no problem chewing up the mud, creeks, and dead fall to get out to our open marsh. Unfortunately for me, I am the only 8x8 owner in our hunt club, and NONE of our trails have been cut with an 8x8 in mind. I've determined that the amount of trail maintenance I will need to do in order to fully access all of our property is way beyond my means (due to health problems).

As such, I have decided to sell this 8x8 and then find a 6x6 that will be able to run on all of our trails.

Here are some details:
    1989 Argo Magnum - Seial Number NKB9111, Model Number V890-23
    Newly installed Kawasaki FD661D water cooled 22HP engine. 20 hours on engine
    New tires, chains, and belt.
    Cooling fan installed.
    Brand new 5,000 pound winch with helm mounted and wired remote controls

When the new engine was installed, the prior owner had to modify the hood by cutting a small section out to accommodate the taller radiator. The firewall also fits a bit funny (I think it may have come from a different machine).

This machine starts and runs very well.

VIDEO CAN BE VIEWED AT https://youtu.be/7fVA3KoLDQo

https://youtu.be/7fVA3KoLDQoI will have pictures ready this weekend, but wanted to start the ball rolling with this ad.
    I
    PRICE REDUCTION $4,900 USD OBO. I live on Kent Island in Maryland (15 minutes from the Bay Bridge).

IMG_0215.jpgIMG_0214.jpgIMG_0222.jpg

Greg
    Last edited by fornarog; 03-19-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added video, REDUCED PRICE

Hi Greg,
    I have a question for you unrelated to your sale. I have a Max IV I belong to a club in Dorchester County the club told me I could not ride mine out in the marsh to where I hunt. They told me there was some environmental law that the MD DNR had implemented a few years ago. Has your club said anything about this ? Just curious.
    THANKS, Dave

Never heard of such a thing. I can't see how DNR can regulate that. We do have a no 4 Wheeler and Tracks Required policy, but it is internal to our club. Do you rent your property, it might be the landlord?

Yes we rent. It might be. THANKS for the reply.

Price Drop

Pics and video coming this weekend, along with Craigslist and (possibly) ebay add. Thinking to post it at $5800, but i will consider lower offers from this forum as I truly enjoy the folks on here and how helpful they have been.

Greg

That Kawasaki will sure beat the Magnum droning noise.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

what noise?

Relisted - PRICE REDUCED

1989 Argo Magnum 8x8
    PRICE REDUCTION!!!

I purchased this unit back in November. A lot of folks on this forum have been very helpful in diagnosing what I thought was a big problem that turned out to be a minor problem (needed new spark plugs) which you can read about if you search my threads.

I have replaced the plugs, changed the oil and filter, greased all the chains, replaced the battery, and it now runs great.

This past Sunday was the maiden trip back to the marsh since getting everything running right. The machine ran great and had no problem chewing up the mud, creeks, and dead fall to get out to our open marsh. Unfortunately for me, I am the only 8x8 owner in our hunt club, and NONE of our trails have been cut with an 8x8 in mind. I've determined that the amount of trail maintenance I will need to do in order to fully access all of our property is way beyond my means (due to health problems).

As such, I have decided to sell this 8x8 and then find a 6x6 that will be able to run on all of our trails.

Here are some details:
    1989 Argo Magnum - Seial Number NKB9111, Model Number V890-23
    Newly installed Kawasaki FD661D water cooled 22HP engine. 20 hours on engine
    New tires, chains, and belt.
    Cooling fan installed.
    Brand new 5,000 pound winch with helm mounted and wired remote controls

When the new engine was installed, the prior owner had to modify the hood by cutting a small section out to accommodate the taller radiator. The firewall also fits a bit funny (I think it may have come from a different machine).

This machine starts and runs very well.

VIDEO CAN BE VIEWED AT https://youtu.be/7fVA3KoLDQo

https://youtu.be/7fVA3KoLDQoI will have pictures ready this weekend, but wanted to start the ball rolling with this ad.
    I
    PRICE REDUCTION $4,900 USD OBO. I live on Kent Island in Maryland (15 minutes from the Bay Bridge).

1989 Argo Magnum 8x8-img_0215.jpg1989 Argo Magnum 8x8-img_0214.jpg1989 Argo Magnum 8x8-img_0222.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by fornarog; 03-29-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: merged several threads on the same topic

Bump.

Thanks!

Bumping again. Really want to move this machine so I can order my 6x6. Lot's of work to be done at camp this spring before fishing and crabbing action heats up.

PM me with a reasonable counter offer if you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread