2013 MAX IV for sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 MAX IV for sale

2013 MAX IV for sale

I have a 2013 MAX IV with almost every option.

27HP Kolar
    Full OEM Track Kit
    Roll Cage
    Windshield
    Canopy
    Winch
    Heated Throttle Cable
    Seat Belts
    Green color

I plan to take some pictures of it soon so let me know if you're interested.

Hours: Did not come with meter (was a demo unit from factory)
    Price: $8,500

Contact me if interested. Call or text

Joe - 218-206-388ONE
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jcarr343; 03-27-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Buyer Beware

That is the factory demo machine in my avatar picture!

Funny thing is that the picture of me driving it was taken around 2006. Who told you it was a 2013? I'm sorry to see that you were scammed, because that machine is about 13 years older than that.

I put a rear winch on that machine for a senior project when I was going to school for engineering and working for RI. That was in 2008. The holes I drilled for the mounting can be seen in the ebay listing picture of the rear of the vehicle. https://goo.gl/photos/TAR8AGixu1CPS9ZS6

That Max IV had some alternate design and brand outer bearings that were being tested for durability, and some modifications were made to make them fit. This and other modifications could make finding replacement parts difficult. It also had a 29 hp Kawasaki engine in it back then, which is why it has the taller engine cover on it.

I see machines being sold as way newer than they are all the time, and it really bothers me to see people get taken. That one I just had to comment on, as my avatar picture is of me driving that "2013" back in about 2006, when the machine already had many hours of hard use on it and was several years old.

JPSwift, if you read this, this is the machine I took you for a ride in when I first met you at Copper Ridge, in Olean NY. What year was that? 2005? I think that was the same year I first met Egoperf there as well... wow great memories....

I confirmed the serial number of this machine with Max and the ebay listing before posting this.
    Last edited by Hey_Dan; 04-06-2017 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Where did the pics go?
    "How deep of water does it float in?"

I wonder who would try to pull a fast one like that??

whipper

OMG. Buying a demo can be a good deal sometimes, but when it is being pitched as a 2013 when it is actually a 2000 is not real ethical. That machine with S/N 17126 was assembled about 30 machines after my Max II & mine is a 2000. When you said that it was a factory demo this would be true , but it was not sold to you by the Recreatives factory though it once was their demo. So logic would follow where you got it after Recreatives was sold. Changing a motor from a Kawasaki to a Kohler should not have meant that it all of a sudden became a newer year machine. There is no explanation to excuse what you were told it was. Hope you didn't pay for a 2013 model when it was actually a 2000 machine. So sad.

Bridget

So one of our members was scammed by another member
    And everyone is OK with that? I think everyone knows who we're talking about.
    I'm just in awe that out of 14,000 members, no one has any comments about this scam.
    It's quite obvious everyone is afraid their post might be deleted and scolded be the administrator, or be shunned by the scammer and maybe not get parts they may need.

My opinion, anyone who scams another member should be barred from this sight.
    And everyone has a right to their opinion and should not be deleted.
    WAKE UP 6X6 WORLD

Whipper

It is so sad someone can be so deaveous. I remember that machine heydan was driving back in the day of copper ridge. I also remember that at the factory being worked hard as I was at the original recreatives many times being it's only a few miles from my house.

Ok. I have to admit that I'm as lost as a goose in trying to follow what's going on here. I understand that Jcarr343 bought a machine that he thought was a 2013 but its older. To answer Whipper's question - I despise a scammer. I have some questions, though, because I haven't been on this forum long enough to perhaps know some of the stories behind the stories. Also, Hey Dan's pics don't show up for some reason, so forgive me if my questions are answered by those pics. And, I'm neither defending or accusing anyone with my questions - I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak.

1) Jcarr343 doesn't say where/who he bought the machine. The fact that he says it was a factory demo unit implies it came from a dealer or factory direct, but that is not known factually from his post. Perhaps the machine's origins are known because some of you recognize the picture?
    2) Hey Dan notes that the factory demo machine is the one in his avatar, which looks blue to me. Jcarr's machine is green. Was there more than one factory demo unit? Or, is the factory demo bit is just part of the scam and Jcarr's machine was not a factory demo? I can't follow Hey Dan's post very well because of the possibility of two different machines. When he says "this machine" and "that machine" I'm not sure if he's talking about the blue one, or the green one. BUT, if he is talking about the green one, and it wasn't the factory demo, how does he have such personal knowledge of the green machine? ( I suspect the missing pics would clear up a lot!)
    3) Hey Dan mentions checking a serial number in an Ebay ad, and Model Citizen also mentions a serial number. Where is the serial number and Ebay info coming from, as none are shown in these posts?
    4) I get the impression from egoperf's post that the blue machine was the factory machine, but was the blue machine also the one worked hard, or is he saying the green one was the one worked hard?

As far as scammers on this site - I'm with whipper - kick them off. I have only been on this site for about a year or so, but in that time I have had a few transactions with other members buying/selling/swapping parts, all handled will full mutual trust that items would in fact be shipped, items were as described, personal checks were good - all with 100% success. The membership on here strikes me as good and honorable people willing to devote time, share knowledge, and engage in mutual trust all in the name of fun. One bad apple can spoil the whole basket.

Forgive me if my questions are dense. I'm in Mississippi and I guess we're also last in understanding!

As far as I know, RI (when they were in Buffalo) never produced a blue upper for the Max IV and not too many were produced for the Max II.

I think the lighting in Hey_Dan's picture may be off making the Max IV appear blue.

I saw this vehicle during my 2009 visit to RI (in Buffalo) and I was told it was a testing vehicle. I'm pretty sure it's the same one Dan is talking about.

Max IV
    Banned

Thanks dirtdobber I was going to try to get clarification on this thread myself.

P.S. In my eyes a scammer is the same as a thief and should be treated as such.

+ Reply to Thread