Ole mightymaxiv is for sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ole mightymaxiv is for sale

Ole mightymaxiv is for sale

Dan, I hope me gathering attention with your title doesn't offend.

I am selling my 2007 Max IV 950T with 27hp Kohler motor, all spare parts, and Adair Argo tracks. Not long after buying my Max, I set about making it better because I am one of those guys which enjoys the build process of making things. I just can't leave well enough alone; never could. Not long into the build, I began to have a significant increase in pain (compliments of being a scout in the Army).

After going from 40 to 80% service connection, I can't ride and enjoy her anymore. I have put less than 3 hours total (and not all at one time) since the total out-of-tub rebuild. I put my blood and lots of sweat into her, and I'm finally at the point that I can't see her sit any longer.

I showed the entire build here in my gallery, and pictures do say a thousand words. I would hope Dan would agree that I am a stand up guy, if anyone wishes to ask his opinion of me.

Needed is the worn driver side rear sprocket (that I failed to buy before putting her back together), and perhaps 2 of the smaller chains as they are original when I bought it, so not sure about how much life is left in them, but they do still work.

Done is intake and gasket port and polish, T-20 with new bands and a thorough check done by RR, every bearing has been replaced, upgraded to a truck battery in a custom base to hold it, new winch line (not cable) and it's only been used once on flat ground onto my trailer when I broke a rear chain on a back road close to the house. The entire frame has been blasted and powdercoated in a really cool grey & black (fish eye) look. This has been done to every piece of metal, except for the cage, and axles. This includes coating the new Adair-Argo HDI bearing conversion parts, and rear hitch. Front seat was not coated as I had no plan to use it since the tractor suspension seat made driving tolerable before the rebuild, but I still have it. Also, since I'm over 6 ft, I added extra adjustment for me as well as for my kids in a custom base that locks in place within the frame rails; rear seat is factory, and it is coated. The tub is in great shape and has no noticeable sag. The Kohler runs like a Seico and has a completely new tuneup and a fresh rebuild on the carb. New 3/8 metal fuel line, new filter, and a thoroughly cleaned fuel tank. I'm well known for overkill in my projects (just ask my wife), so feel secure knowing that nothing was dismissed if it could have been made stronger.

Now for the offer: I am moving very shortly from Florida to Sturgis, South Dakota; my start date for work is the 26th of this month. If anyone is inclined to meet me along the way, that will make it a lot more "accessible" to folks across our great nation. My terms are cash or trade with my clear title and registration stickers as a boat and an AATV in the state of Florida. If you don't have alot of cash, or no cash, I prefer to trade for a "well maintained" (key word folks) 4x4 Chevy truck, but I'm amicable to look at whatever you have. Key words: CNC milling machine, Lathe, tractor, snow mobile, guns, cool guy stuff.

I feel $8500 is an appropriate starting point; you guys be the judge and tell me where we should end up at. Reply here or call/text to 386sixtwothree7286
    Last edited by rcn11thacr; 06-10-2017 at 11:02 PM.

What a nice machine. You did a great job on it as well! Too bad you have to sell it. Someone will get a nice Max.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Reduced

Thanks Tbone for the complement, I agree someone will get a fine machine. Need it gone, now $6500.00

Where are the pictures? Or what thread. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Duke View Post
    Where are the pictures? Or what thread. Thanks in advance.
    Click on my user name, go to profile, click on threads I started, these will tell the story of what I did in the rebuild. To see pictures, go o forum home page and look for the album pics shared by my user name. Hope this helps.

Anyone with an offer?

I tried to find picture but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Duke View Post
    I tried to find picture but to no avail.
    Tada, but do not see a picture of the completed machine.

Max 4 Rebuild - Amphibious ATV Pictures

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thank you ARGOJIM, looks like it was done right on the inside.

Yes, thanks argojim!

+ Reply to Thread