Hustler 950 swim with GBC Gators?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hustler 950 swim with GBC Gators?

OK, still haven't had it in the woods so still on the fence about if the new wheels made any difference. It was in the 50's here Monday, so I went riding on the Harley all day since it is probably the last all day ride of the year for that.

I did, however, pull the valve stems and let all air out and checked beads. They appear to be seated properly. and to be sure I socked 50lbs of air in them before deflating to 2 1/2lbs pressure. Never heard anything, so I'm assuming they were seated fine.

May be another week or so now before I can get it on any trails, but I'll post more feedback after I do.

FINALLY! Got a day off and went trail riding for half a day. I'm pleased to say I rode over the same terrain I did before and never broke a bead. Running about 2lbs in the Gators. Through woods trails, up and down creek banks, swimming, rocks. New wheels/tires did great! BUT, I did discover that in a wet/sandy creek bottom the Gators will dig and bottom the tub in an instant.

Had to be pulled once by my buddy after bottoming the tub in wet sand that his Max had just gone over with his Rawhide tires. The sand bar was actually underwater and I swam up on it before I knew it was there. Once it bottomed, I was done. Nothing to get traction on, just water and sand.
    But overall, I'm pleased with the setup.

6x6 So IL style

Playin--More pics posted in my Gallery. This 4x4 pit had ruts about waist deep. Bottomed tub, but made it through eventually with no help.
    Last edited by ezryder; 11-19-2013 at 12:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread