2013 MAX IV for sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 MAX IV for sale

Hybrid View

2013 MAX IV for sale

I have a 2013 MAX IV with almost every option.

27HP Kolar
    Full OEM Track Kit
    Roll Cage
    Windshield
    Canopy
    Winch
    Heated Throttle Cable
    Seat Belts
    Green color

I plan to take some pictures of it soon so let me know if you're interested.

Hours: Did not come with meter (was a demo unit from factory)
    Price: $8,500

Contact me if interested. Call or text

Joe - 218-206-388ONE
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jcarr343; 03-27-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Buyer Beware

That is the factory demo machine in my avatar picture!

Funny thing is that the picture of me driving it was taken around 2006. Who told you it was a 2013? I'm sorry to see that you were scammed, because that machine is about 13 years older than that.

I put a rear winch on that machine for a senior project when I was going to school for engineering and working for RI. That was in 2008. The holes I drilled for the mounting can be seen in the ebay listing picture of the rear of the vehicle. https://goo.gl/photos/TAR8AGixu1CPS9ZS6

That Max IV had some alternate design and brand outer bearings that were being tested for durability, and some modifications were made to make them fit. This and other modifications could make finding replacement parts difficult. It also had a 29 hp Kawasaki engine in it back then, which is why it has the taller engine cover on it.

I see machines being sold as way newer than they are all the time, and it really bothers me to see people get taken. That one I just had to comment on, as my avatar picture is of me driving that "2013" back in about 2006, when the machine already had many hours of hard use on it and was several years old.

JPSwift, if you read this, this is the machine I took you for a ride in when I first met you at Copper Ridge, in Olean NY. What year was that? 2005? I think that was the same year I first met Egoperf there as well... wow great memories....

I confirmed the serial number of this machine with Max and the ebay listing before posting this.
    Last edited by Hey_Dan; 04-06-2017 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Where did the pics go?
    "How deep of water does it float in?"

I wonder who would try to pull a fast one like that??

whipper

OMG. Buying a demo can be a good deal sometimes, but when it is being pitched as a 2013 when it is actually a 2000 is not real ethical. That machine with S/N 17126 was assembled about 30 machines after my Max II & mine is a 2000. When you said that it was a factory demo this would be true , but it was not sold to you by the Recreatives factory though it once was their demo. So logic would follow where you got it after Recreatives was sold. Changing a motor from a Kawasaki to a Kohler should not have meant that it all of a sudden became a newer year machine. There is no explanation to excuse what you were told it was. Hope you didn't pay for a 2013 model when it was actually a 2000 machine. So sad.

Bridget

So one of our members was scammed by another member
    And everyone is OK with that? I think everyone knows who we're talking about.
    I'm just in awe that out of 14,000 members, no one has any comments about this scam.
    It's quite obvious everyone is afraid their post might be deleted and scolded be the administrator, or be shunned by the scammer and maybe not get parts they may need.

My opinion, anyone who scams another member should be barred from this sight.
    And everyone has a right to their opinion and should not be deleted.
    WAKE UP 6X6 WORLD

Whipper

It is so sad someone can be so deaveous. I remember that machine heydan was driving back in the day of copper ridge. I also remember that at the factory being worked hard as I was at the original recreatives many times being it's only a few miles from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    So one of our members was scammed by another member
    And everyone is OK with that? I think everyone knows who we're talking about.
    I'm just in awe that out of 14,000 members, no one has any comments about this scam.
    It's quite obvious everyone is afraid their post might be deleted and scolded be the administrator, or be shunned by the scammer and maybe not get parts they may need.

My opinion, anyone who scams another member should be barred from this sight.
    And everyone has a right to their opinion and should not be deleted.
    WAKE UP 6X6 WORLD

Whipper

I'm completely lost on this comment. I don't think I've ever scolded anybody in my life. I'm a pretty laid back person. Anyone is allowed to post anything they want as long as they follow the site rules and don't attack other members. That's it, really. The main goal of this forum is to promote the hobby in a positive and family friendly way and I do everything I can to make that happen. If you feel I scolded you or another member, shoot me a PM and let's discuss it because that was not my intent.

Am I going to do something to ban Mudd-Ox or Matt because of this thread and what's been posted? No. I can't make assumptions and have a knee jerk reaction to something like this. Can I see that someone could have been potentially scammed? Of course. Do we know enough about what happened to say that for sure. Of course not. For all we know Mudd-Ox could have explained to jcarr343 the full history of the machine or that it had been used as a demo for several years but would be sold as a 2013. Am I open to finding out more, sure, but to ask me to ban Matt and Mudd-Ox based on this information is not going to happen. I would do the same if someone said this about you. It's not me picking sides but rather trying to be fair to everyone.

Wow... This is not a very friendly forum.
    This is a very friendly forum, unfortunately not all the users are friendly toward one another

+ Reply to Thread