Hard Tops for Argos

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hard Tops for Argos

Let's see if this works.

McMaster-Carr

Thank you joemeg. Going to give them a call!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooman View Post
    Could you explain what urethane foam is. Can you get it at home depot.
    Yes. The Jeep top came from stuff from Home Depot, I used insulation sheathing boards that were 4'x8' and 3/4" thick. I used a razor knife and hot knife from Harbor freight to cut the basic design, then glued it together and covered it with a light coat of fiberglass, then put the lexan windows in. Tie down points were made from electrical pipe tie downs. The entire unit weighed maybe 65lbs. It wasn't pretty but it got the job done. I had the top on the jeep for several years before I sold it. The same thing could be made for an Argo.
    I may put one together this winter if it stays cold.

mybaby_zpsb9879ba6.jpg Photo by jkperepeletza | Photobucket

thats the one that was made for mine needs a paint job . did you get a price for those plastic ones? im here in alberta and they are closed already

ya i had to and nine inches fom the ruber seal to give enough clearence for my head and exstended it to the back nine inches to alow full aces to front seat the bonus was exstra storage area if i can figure out how to get pictures to the site i will post . i am a good fabricator not so much a good tec guy lol

Argo tops

Here is a pic of my "trappin rig" - hopefully it works.
    Attached Images

Hard tops rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlee View Post
    Here is a pic of my "trappin rig" - hopefully it works.
    That looks great, but more important looks functional.PC010053.jpg I love my hard top. The over hang on my virtually eliminates needing my wiper kit, even in a heavy snow fall.

A bunch of folks are using Coroplast plastic sheets to build boats, temporary shelters, similar things. Coroplast is a plastic product that can be had in 4x8 sheets for $20 or so per sheet. Most of us know the material from its most common usage which is for sign boards. It is made similarly to cardboard, but its a plastic.

It comes in various colors and thicknesses, and has some built in insulative qualities. I think it would make a fine top for an aatv.

+ Reply to Thread