Hard Tops for Argos

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hard Tops for Argos

Hard Tops for Argos

Hello,

Does anyone know of a company that makes hard tops/cabs for argos? I found one that makes metal ones, but they are very heavy and extremely expensive.

www.allseasonsargo.com

They make them but are expensive... Not too many out there making hard tops.. I am going to fab my own out of fibreglass this spring / summer.
    Dezi Gebel
    2 Early 70's Argo's Will Merge To Make One!

Dead DNS is dead.

Today Dez you fail at posting a URL

A company that we rent Argo's from called Pioneer Oilfield Rental in Alberta is making plastic cabs. They fit with or with out the Argo ROP's on. Did not see any on their website but I am sure if you phone the Ft McMurray number they would be happy to talk to you and send photos.

I made one from an old jeep canvas top a neighbor gave me for nothing. We bent a couple of aluminum rods from his scrap stock (to mount behind the front seat) and I bought the stock Argo windshield and mounting clips. Whole project was lass than $50 not including the stock windshield. I had an upholstery shop mount the male end of the clips on the jeep canvas where they needed to go to mate with the windshield clips. I can send you pics/info if you're interested .....

Thank you alcesalces4 and Augie. I will definately call Pinoneer Oilfield rental. I have a stock soft top on it now w windshield, but the trail to my camp is unforgiving to it and I don't believe it will hold up very long no matter how careful I am. I am just planning before I no longer have anything. I'm not opposed to making my own either, but I would want it to look good, not just serve a purpose. Thanks again.

Did you see these yet: Hillebrand Metals

Yes I did check out Hillebrand. Nice cabs but very heay and very expensive. The Pioneer oilfield rentals makes the plastic ones, that in my opinion kick serious butt! They're cheaper then the metal, a lot lighter and they look like they were built by Argo for the Argo. The only problem is they don't have a dealer in the States, and shipping from Alberta to Maine is most likely cost prohibitive. I wish I knew how to get the photos of them on this thread, but I'm not computer savvy enough. I wish even more so that these cabs were available in the U.S.

here are some pics of the top I built for my argo, it is 1 1/2 inch tubing, argo width is 58 inches, the top is 48 inch wide, this makes it easier to fit between trees while driving over the root pack, I mounted a 1/4 inch lexan windshield to the inside top, hinged in the front & comes down without getting out of the seat, cuts down on the driving rain, we build 1/2 tops so we can winch the moose out of the back right & up the meat pole, hard enough to load them IN by hand, cross bracing makes for a good double gun boot mounting, top makes a good place to have spare tire & chain saw, not buried in the back, works for us.
    Attached Images

Thanks for the photos. Looks good, I'm going to have to do something similar I guess.

+ Reply to Thread