Anyone ever flip in water?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone ever flip in water?

Anyone ever flip in water?

Hey all, I am not the greatest swimmer in the world LOL, just wondering how hard it is to roll an 8X8 sideways in the water? They get a little wobbly when moving around, but can you roll them in open water?

yes you can very dangerous...i can tell you though its harder to roll in salt water..ocean..
    in fact ive had mine full of ocean salt water and it wont sink..

While anything could happen,,it is mostly about center of gravity with these machines in the water,,keeping it low,,,not standing on the tub edges,, makes a tremendous difference,,,dont forget,,,as the lower side tires start there boyuonce,,the deeper they go,,the upper side is helping pull it back down,,,make sure you have a working Bilge pump,,,,I have had my BigFoot in the water with 3 of us(adults),,as long as the center of gravity was low and centered,,all was fine.

One time we entered the pond with my son standing on the back of the Tub,,,hanging on to the Roll Bar,,,,Let me tell you that was SCARY,,,he was to High,,the thing wanted to Roll all directions,,we made it out,,,Wont do that again,,,lol!!

i'm sure it depends on a lot of factors. machine, rider weight/ height, load...... I was screwing around in shallow water with my Wife's machine last month in the pond at Ashtabula just testing it's limits and came away wondering how in the world people turn a Max II over in the water

that being said. i've turned a machine over in my front yard.... you never know when you might hit an old dead tree under the waters surface and pitch it over on it's side. best bet would be to carry a life jacket in the machine and WEAR IT in any amount of water. especially if you know you are not a good swimmer. accidents almost never happen when you are expecting them too, so being as prepared as possible is about the best thing you can do.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I certainly did not expect this.
    I didn't flip in the water, but when trying to get out of the pond. It just goes to show....anything can happen.
    Somewhere on this site is a photo of a maxIV with "pontoons" made from large dia. pvc pipe. I bet that really adds to the stability.
    Attached Images

8x8 is more stable then a 6x6 just do to the flotation. I think it feels worse then it is. I've had the front end under filling up with water trying to back out of ice on a beaver damn I broke thru. I had 3 wheels on one side in the air...it was fine.
    2008 Argo Avenger EFI 8x8
    2001 Argo Bigfoot 6x6

+ Reply to Thread