What should I buy, noobie to 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What should I buy, noobie to 6x6

What should I buy, noobie to 6x6

I'm looking at a 580 demo, a 650 demo, or a new 650 HD....is the admiral tranny worth paying the exrta grand? I can get a 010 650 with 10 hours, with 25" tires, winch, mossy green, and tail light kit for $11,200. Or I can get a 010 580 for about 8k with winch, skid, 10 hours on it, upper hull has a small puncture from fork lift...about $8k. I think the new 011 650 hd will be 12k with no winch. I plan to ride on trail, mud wetland, and down a brook behind my house, mostly with another passenger. I currently ride a rzr with lift kit, also have some sport atv's. Thoughts?
    Last edited by AdrenalineJunky; 10-06-2010 at 06:35 PM.

hi ad i'm a max guy but have been around the argo some . get thre 650 because of most hp . the admiral is a right good improvement , from what i understand . if i had the chorce i would spend the the money$$$$$ for the new admiral tranny as for ur winch make a plate and get ur own winch
    robbie .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Some interesting choices there..

I like the 650 if the 25" tires are the new HDI avenger tires rather than goodyear rawhide III's. It will also have the high output charging system that will charge at an idle.

The 580 is 18hp, the 650 is 23. The 580 model has stock 24" frontier tires I assume? The optional skid plate and winch is nice. $8,000 or less is nice. If the bigger tires are available, I might be concerned about what ratio transmisson the 580 had. Not a deal breaker, though. The 580 doesn't have axle bearing extensions, not needed unless you plan to run certain types of tracks.

I wouldn't consider the Admiral trans a necessity in the 6 wheeler, it turns easy enough with the standard trans.

You might drive the 650 and 580, and see if the 580 has enough power to make ya happy. Either engine can be modified to make lots of HP..
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread