My 1970's argo 6x6 custom rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My 1970's argo 6x6 custom rebuild

Awsome!!! Now you have a brand new machine What more could be said besides GREAT JOB MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iphotoyou2 View Post
    you dont by any chance have the measurements of a frame for the max iv i cant find any specs for it
    Sorry no. I pulled my old frame, took the basic measurments and redesigned the rest myself

Quote Originally Posted by jasonk View Post
    Awsome!!! Now you have a brand new machine What more could be said besides GREAT JOB MAN!!!
    Thanks.

What a change! I had to go back to the beginning to see what you started with again. Nice job! I hope you enjoy running it as much as you enjoyed building it.

Very Nice work, impressive. This has given me some ideas for my own.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Bob

Very nice good job.

Great job!!!

Hey man excellent work. I'm restoring a 1980 Argo myself and trying to figure out how to get more leg room myself. From what I can gather you had that plastic body piece come across behind the seat too but you removed it? And the back support must then replace the body support across the width? I don't care about the back space either so If that's what you did I'll follow suit it looks great. Any info is appreciated man thanks!

Thanks so much for posting such a detailed thread! I used this as a reference for my own project. Mine's smaller scale, with two 1 HP electric motors and currently only 4 wheels. Steering with 4 wheels and a heavy load has turned out to be difficult so I'm thinking of experimenting with a 6wd setup like this.

Does the Argo 6x6 have all three pairs of wheels directly in line, or is the middle pair lower than the others? How much torque does it require to turn on a hard surface, and does the design do anything to reduce that torque requirement?

I'll have write up on my own project done soon for comparison.

+ Reply to Thread