argo 13" plastic track question.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: argo 13" plastic track question.

i picked up a used vanguard we took in on trade at work. it came with a set of plastic tracks and it has some snowmobile studs in it. i havent tried them out yet but they look too long. i was thinking about cutting them down or taking them out and using some chain.

or you could add 20" aluminum channels on every segments and add a piece on conveyor belting to make it wider and grip A LOT more
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

How well does the adding of belt work? any adverse effects to the track sections?

Quote Originally Posted by ndcommander View Post
    How well does the adding of belt work? any adverse effects to the track sections?
    the plastic will stop wearing off. Here is a picture on a 18" tracks but I'm sure you will find a way to do it to a 13" track

Argo Outdoor Sports | Photo Gallery

thems are good lookin tracks smog.unfortunatly i dont have enough clearence to do that.going to have a look at the snowmobile track studs.short ones would work fine for me.

Plott hound, are those the same tracks that Richards Relics sells? I am thinking of getting a set of those.How about adding Woody star studs,they will only stand off track maybe 1/2" and give more bite.

Quote Originally Posted by nairb35 View Post
    Plott hound, are those the same tracks that Richards Relics sells? I am thinking of getting a set of those.How about adding Woody star studs,they will only stand off track maybe 1/2" and give more bite.
    I have a Frontier with 13" plastic tracks and would love to stud them for ice fishing. What does everyone think about nairb35's idea of using 1/2" Woody star studs? I think that it would work on mine also?

I've seen plastic tracks studded using cheap home-depot carriage bolts and it worked perfectly on ice.

you could also get some cheap steel channel cut and installed in the track cavities. (like the argo ice cleats)

Argo Super Track Ice Cleat Kit 8x8

Argo Standard Track Group 6x6

thanks smog....the inexpensive carriage bolt idea sounds even better. I just need something to grab a little on glare ice. I'mm going to price out both options. The snowmobile studs would have better traction but I don't obviously want anything to touch the tub.

Hi, Just a bit of a warning about cleats on the 13'' tracks. The tracks bounce in the middle and hit the under body. If there are cleats installed in the middle they will score the under body cut holes in it. The cleats wheather they are homemade or not have to clear the outside edge of the tub even then the tracks can also twist inward and hit the body. Hope this helps. Paul

+ Reply to Thread