argo 13" plastic track question.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: argo 13" plastic track question.

ive decided to cheap out and try a tek screw with a hex head.they are 3/4" long and should be fine for me.ive just got one icy hill to traverse to go ice fishing.lack of clearence prevents me from going to aggresive,
    Attached Images

My install is here http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...pertracks.html

17.95 for 250. I haven't had the chance to put it on ice but from the marks on the driveway and the noise it makes I think this will work very well.

You lucky duck. Our ice fishing season is a month and a half late and I'm beginning the think we won't see one. We are having 40 and 50 degree (f) days here. I am going to have to travel to find ice.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    ive decided to cheap out and try a tek screw with a hex head.they are 3/4" long and should be fine for me.ive just got one icy hill to traverse to go ice fishing.lack of clearence prevents me from going to aggresive,
    Just curious plott hound, are you driving those tec screws into the track from the outside and using the head for traction, or are you driving them in from the inside and using the screw tip for traction?
    I had thought about using "self tapping" screws with the carbide tip. drive them through from the inside and put a washer and nut on them from the outside.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Just curious plott hound, are you driving those tec screws into the track from the outside and using the head for traction, or are you driving them in from the inside and using the screw tip for traction?
    I had thought about using "self tapping" screws with the carbide tip. drive them through from the inside and put a washer and nut on them from the outside.

RD
    gonna try the heads for traction.just like we used to wind them into knobby tires on dirt bikes.im so tight for space bettween track and upper body,that im afraid to go any higher.hopefully they wont ice up and become useless.i wound them through the track into the edge of the keepers,doubt that they will pull out.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post
    the plastic will stop wearing off. Here is a picture on a 18" tracks but I'm sure you will find a way to do it to a 13" track

Argo Outdoor Sports | Photo Gallery
    Could you repost the pics? Looking for a belt mod on my supertracks, mainly for wear and tear

+ Reply to Thread