Miles of Powder (VID)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Miles of Powder (VID)

Miles of Powder (VID)

A friend that has been working on my Argo's with me suggested that it would be cool to take the families out for a ride. With all the help he has given, I couldn't disagree (He's been a great help, and has probably donated 30-40 hrs to me in the last couple months). He and his family have been in Argo's before, but not really........running around the yard or down the road is about the extent of their experience. I almost had to armwrestle my daughter to get the key away from her, but finally talked her into letting my friend drive. Her condition was that she had to be with that Argo to keep an eye on things.
    Always fun to get newbee's out in the powder

So here it is "Miles of Powder"

RD

Looks like a fun time was had by all...

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    I wouldn't know how to act in snow like that. That is some beautiful scenery and the deep stuff doesn't seem to give those machines ANY trouble, another great RD productions video!

Rd, impressive that your machines can even move in what would be impossible snow for any other machine. It's quite impressive that your machines were able to knock down and travel over the small tress and bush.

I was impresed with the "wave" of snow that was being pushed in front of the machines everywhere we went. Sometimes it was higher than the body splitline. The texture of the snow at this time of yr here is VERY light and fluffy, so I was impressed with how well we did too. The narrower rubber tracks did much better than I had anticipated, with only the odd POP fom chain windup (Hard to keep the tires at the right press when a couple of them leak air). Never got stuck at all, but had to back out of a couple places. The machines also pulled a couple toboggans each with ease. A good day for sure.

RD

Great video as always Rock! Looks like the guys enjoyed driving the Argo. He may become a regular.

Nice vid RD. I liked some of the side shots where it looked like you were swimming in snow.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Very nice
    Rock

I see the tracks must really make the difference, Dad and I were out today in the argo and it got stuck in about a foot or so of snow, mind you its sortof half pack stuff here right now. so heres what i have to ask, are tracks truely the key, or would a new set of tires (ours are pretty bald) get us through the snow any better?

tracks are the key
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

+ Reply to Thread