Conquest heater pic's

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conquest heater pic's

Conquest heater pic's

Anyone have pics of the mounting location for a factory conquest heater and how they route the hoses from the engine. Where do they tap into the system?

Heater install on the conquest questions

I found a heater that will work with my Conquest. My questions is where do I cut the lines to insert the T'S to allow antifree to flow through the heater core. I found a pic on here but it is for a 27 hp kawasaki and I cant see wher the second hose goes. If anyone has experience or has one installed all help would be appreciated.

Where do I cut into the line for a heater on a conquest

I have a heater core I want to put into a conquest. Can anyone tell me where to cut into the radiator lines. Do I just T into the return line in two seperate places . I just don't see how this would allow enough flow through the auxillary core to give heat. Wouldn't the anti freeze just flow past the T and continue to the radiator. I assume you wouldnt want to cut the return line, splice in and route the anti freeze through the heater core and then back to the radiator. I need some help I just cant find much info on how you put a heater in. Info would be appreciated pics would be better.
    Last edited by Mike; 01-30-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: merged three threads on the same topic. Please just post in the existing thread if you don't get a response. Thanks ;)

Ok, how about some one just tell me if you put a Tee in the bottom hose of the radiator and then one in the top hose of the radiator. I dont want to cut a 40.00 hose and find out I put it in the wrong location. I could really use some help. I acnt find anything about the installation.

i havent done this,but i have worked on a lot of motorcycles/trucks.i don't think t-ing it will give you enough flow,you will get some heat from the heater core but not a lot. i would put the heater core inline with the rad. the problem is how much extra work load is this going to put on the water pump (which wasn't designed for it).
    personally i would try it,(i hate being cold) but i would hook up a engine temp gauge to keep an i on things.

i would go from the top of the rad hose (usually the hot return) to the heater core and then back to the top of the rad. all in one loop.
    what do you have for a blower?

i hope this helps

I have a very small heater core an blower assembly. My concern is if I do that is if it will do just as you said overload it. I am really looking for some one who has one already to just take a minute and look to see where it is hooked onto the system.

If you can wait three days I will be home and take some pictures. I've been in Arizona for a month.
    I think there are plugs in the block which you would put in fittings to add the heater. The input hose comes off the water pump, I believe, in order to get enough flow to make the heater hot. There is probably a direction of flow diagram on your heater. If there isn't then I would check for temperature with it hook up one way and then the other.
    The heater is just like another radiator and will cool the engine more. However, there is a thermostat in the system which maintains a contant temp. It should not be less than 160 degrees. It's normally on top of the engine where the top rad hose attaches to the engine.

Don't cut the rad hoses.

Slim

I will wait as long as it takes to get the correct information. Thanks.

Here's some photos of a heater in a Conquest.

The lower radiator hose up front on the engine has a tee cut into it:

The temperature sender on the top - back of the engine is removed and a adapter (Argo P/N 848-29), pipe T (P/N 848-26), barb 90 elbo (P/N 848-31) are installed. Temp sender is put into the pipe T. Fiber washer (P/N 634-20) is used on the adapter and temp sender. If I remeber correctly the other fittings are just NPT fittings.

The heater core is installed in the radiator intake duct:

Hi,

In regards to your question about a heater in an Agro here goes. I have a 97 conquest with a kawie engine. It has what I believe is an aftermarket Argo heater installed by the dealer. The heater is installed on the drivers side fender under the grill infront of the engine radiator. The heater core faces to the back of the dash. The metal shield is doubled up with a space between. This is where the flex hose hook up. There are two flex hoses one for the windshied heat source and one for the area to sent heat into cockpit to the right of the driver. The lower rad connection goes to the bottom rad hose and is teeded in infront of the engine above the oil filter. The upper hose comes out at the top back corner by the rad goes behind the engine and attaches directly to the engine block just past the rad connection. NOT TO THE UPPER RAD HOSE. For engines with no heater installed there must be a threaded plug for this connection and the heater hose is connected there. There was a small shut off valve installed there and there is also threaded block with a wire that goes somewhere and for what pupose I don't know?? Maybe a thermostat??? Maybe someone in another log can answer this. I have pictures but cannot find the place for attachments for this log so I can send the pictures. Hope this helps.

Paul
    Last edited by ve1sar; 02-04-2011 at 07:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread