Bearing Flange question for the Argo Gurus

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bearing Flange question for the Argo Gurus

Hey Whipper, that's a pretty good idea....I never thought to use that. I use 3M strip calk which is very similar to plumber's putty. I learned about that stuff from my friends up at Recreatives.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Micmac how successful was the argo seal up grade on the max iv? I am installing all new axles on my older max iv and planning to go the same route. The seals and bearing on my Argo work well so I would think the mod would be an major improvement to the 4.

I have an argo 8x8 and the passenger 3rd outside bearing won't take any grease on the top zerk. The lower one takes it but when I put the grease in the the top it squirting out the bottom cork seal. I'm sure you can't reuse the seal once you take it off but could you use rtv gasket sealer or just regular silicone? Is the bearing shot? It doesn't have any play on the axle. Any input would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread