Argo Alternator Installation Instructions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Alternator Installation Instructions

Argo Alternator Installation Instructions

I ordered the Alternator kit for my 750 EFI Argo Avenger today. Ordered the 18inch rubber tracks, too ... but that's another story. I was wondering if anyone has done an alternator installation. If so, does this kit come with a detailed set of instructions or do you pretty much just have to wing it? How difficult is it to do? What type of problems might I be faced with? etc., etc ... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have no idea how to install the alt kit, however I have installed several other items and they came with very good instructions, the aux heater kit had very clear and easy to follow instructions complete with pics so I would guess that the alt kit will be the same. I understand that it mounts under the rad, and it may have to come out to install the alt. I would LOVE to see the instructions if you could scan them and post them here, that would be fantastic.
    Sorry I'm no help with the alt. kit, still saving up for mine.. lol!
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

hope this works...

hmmm nope doesn't work, file is too large.... PM me with your email address for the pdf install instructions for the avenger alternator kit...
    Last edited by ontario026; 03-02-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Installing the external alternator is a real pain with the engine in place; I did it on a friend's argo and space and visibility restrictions make itr very difficult. The other problem is that after the install you have to be very careful not to get any water on the floor of the machine since the drive belt is very low and will slip if it picks up water. Hope this helps.

Thanks again for the instructions, could you do me one more favour though? I have found a suitable marine alternator that I can use (for free) but it has a pulley for a ribbed serpentine belt, could you measure the inner and outer diameter of the alt. pulley and maybe the thickness? I am planning on building one on my lathe and ordering the brackets and engine pulley from ARGO. This way it should be much cheaper than the factory unit.
    Thanks a ton

Cas
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

Can I get that PDF of the alternator install thanks

Never did install mine. It's still sitting on the shelf in the shed. :-) Believe the instructions are in the box if you still need them.

Argo 6x6 and 8x8 Accessory Manuals. You can check this out for manuals and instructions for the install.

I've done two now, it's actually easier to remove the engine leaving the cooling system intact then it is to install it in place. I've also swapped transmissions out, the motor has to come out for almost any kind of work or bracketry to be mounted on that the alternator kit requires. It helps having two guys to remove the motor with an engine stand but I've done it alone, it does take some maneuvering to get the clutch to clear the exhaust shroud. You will curse to no end trying to install the alternator brackets in between the motor and transmission.

+ Reply to Thread