What Lubricant for Argo Chain

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Lubricant for Argo Chain

What Lubricant for Argo Chain

What lubricant should be used for Argo chains? Argo recommends its own, but what's the brand name equivalent? Thank you.

I use Milcot 220 on my chains, I believe it's a ESSO product. I get it in 5gal pails. It's common in industrial applications, and works very well. Most of the Argo owners that I know use it. I use a paintbrush to apply it, it will not sling off the chains, and it will not wash off either. With the paintbrush, it's easy to apply without contaminating the brakes. It has an ani-slinging agant in it that helps keep it on the chains.
    Later
    Last edited by Rock Doctor; 04-06-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Fixed mistake

I like the idea of applying the lube with a brush. Rock Doc, how about some more info on the milcot 220 - can't find it on the internet. This forum is a must read for new argo owners - thanks to all of you for making my adventure easier (and less work).

Try this:

http://www.imperialoil.com/Canada-En...DESMillcot.pdf

I was wrong, it's an ESSO Product.

RD

I came across Royal Purple's Max-Chain: Royal Purple Chain Lubricant . Thoughts?

Hi, do you use the millcot k 220 on all the chains or if you apply chain lubricant spray for the other chain. What do you think about those spray lub can?
    Thank you
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by brebett View Post
    Hi, do you use the millcot k 220 on all the chains or if you apply chain lubricant spray for the other chain. What do you think about those spray lub can?
    Thank you
    Jack
    I use the Millcot 220 on all the chains, but I do carry a can of spray lube with me just in case I think I have to give it a shot for some reason.

Thanks for the info Rock Doc. Makes sense to me, just need to find the product or a similar one. Thanks again.

ive been using amsoil metal protector/chain lube.dries to a waxy like consistancy and wont fling.only trouble is that it takes 3/4 of a can to do all the chains.esso millcot sounds like a cheaper way to go.

I use bar oil, but it makes a mess, flings all over the place, my tub looks like the damn BP spill. Switching to something that doesn't fling would be a definite improvement. I have used motorcycle chain lube too, but its pretty expensive.

+ Reply to Thread