Argo Standard Tracks --- Swim???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Standard Tracks --- Swim???

Argo Standard Tracks --- Swim???

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with using the standard 13" plastic tracks on water? How well do they propel the machine?

they actually dont at all, you might be able to mount some cleats to them to try to grab water but the tracks themselves dont at all
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

No they don't. We tried them in mud-swamp-moss-water, and everywhere we went with the tracks I could go with the tires, they were unless, they didn't inprove traction at all, they slipped and spun everywhere... there's a reason there called a SNOW track... there made for SNOW.

I tried one time with my conquest that I had. I went in to a pond and it took me a 1/2 hour to turn and get back out..LOL I should have done like you ASK first.....LOL The tracks I have for my OX they swim great. I have hear of guys mounting cleats to them, I don't know if it worked or not. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

So I assume they are mostly for snow use and going over boggy swampy areas without much water?

I have the 18 inch plastic tracks with the ice cleats mounted, and they do alright in the water. They get you around, i would call it half speed of the tires. Float on top of any muskeg we can find though,

No, they are for SNOW, not boggy areas, if you go into "boggy areas" with snow tracks, I will follow you anywhere with tires, there useless, unless used in snow! Get rubber swamp tracks if you want to go in the swamp.

Adair tracks are hands down the best for swamp/mud/water. If I had 10 amphibs they would all have them.

I can say the 18" argo tracks do great climbing up and over damns, and through boggy loose underwater slop. With the outboard, the argo with tracks goes all over!
    Attached Images

i use 13 inc plastic tracks on 4 of my argos in huge swamps here with botomless holes and they work great, where just tires would never make it,the trick with plastic track in water is you cant go ape sh## on the gas and just go a quater speed at most and they work awsome that way

+ Reply to Thread