hdi charging system

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hdi charging system

hdi charging system

hey i am wondering where the normal mounting location for the regulator-rectifier for the engine charging system is on a hdi with a lh775. ill explain why, i bought a 2011 750 hdi with alternator kit installed and have had no problems with it, but in case of a alternator failure or blown belt in the middle of no where i would like to have a back up charging system. It appears that either the dealer removed the regulator-rectifier when they installed the alternator or the dealer ordered the argo with the alternator and it did not come with one installed, in any case i would like to be able to unplug the alternator and plug in the regulator-rectifier (or throw a switch) in case of a alt failure to be able to finish a hunt or make it back to camp/truck. i have found the wiring/plug for the reg/rec but cant see where the unit itself mounts im thinking on the rad support bracket but could be wrong if someone could take a look for me (mabye snap a picture of location and orientation) that would be great or let me know if you see any problems with my plan.
    thank you dromas

well i lied.....the reg / rec is hidden under the airfilter housing and is still there (my bad) i unpluged the alt and pluged it in it worked like a charm. Ill look a little harder next time before i start talking out my ass

No worries, your thread will probably help someone on this site who wonders the same thing. Thanks for the follow up.

The other cool thing you can do is use it to charge a second battery and run accessories from it. You will not be able to drain your main starting battery, just be sure to run completely separate ground and power wires. You the have 40A main and 20A accessory electrical systems.....
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

I'm new to the site, but would appreciate a bit of info regarding the replacing of alternator belt on my 750hdi. I'm not sure how to get access to that small area, or if I need to remove some parts to access same. Thanks.

Baxtera,
    You have to remove the firewall and reach in to it. There isn't much else to remove. It's tight but you can do it.

Thanks for the response. I was however able to get into that tight area and after a bit of wiggling around, managed to get the new belt install. Works like a charm. Thanks again.

Hi dromos, I just posted the question in another thread, can you take a picture of what you did, my alt belt blew apart on the weekend and I know there is something underneath the air filter I am supposed to plug in but I can't seem to find anything. BTW I have a 2012 750 HDi, Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread