2006 Argo Avenger with T20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Argo Avenger with T20

really nice project Mike! That will be a real beast!

Excellent work Mike. This will indeed be a one of a kind. Work looks very professional. As far as a brake some times you got to do with what you have and they look great.

zlewis
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Mike you have done some really nice work there. I think I missed the post where you projected what your top speed was going to be. Can you refresh my memory?

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Mike you have done some really nice work there. I think I missed the post where you projected what your top speed was going to be. Can you refresh my memory?
    The top speed should be around 28mph with the 26" tires but that's at 5500 RPM. I don't plan on it running there for extended periods of time. Most likely it will run around 20mph in the mid 4000 RPM range when cruising on the trails to the mud holes. That's about what I run with my Max IV.

Here is the spreadsheet I used when calculating my gearing. I ended up with a 19 tooth T20 sprocket and a 21 tooth intermediate shaft so the numbers were slightly different than originally shown here but still about the same final gear ratio. This is geared just a little bit lower than my Max IV.

That is going to be one very wicked Machine. I hope that you have an exhaust system that let's every Quad in the area know that an Argo 8x8 with ASX tires is coming down the trail. I have already seen on several occasions that extra power and the right gearing is very important with big mud tires. It seems that the combination you have will work great as long as you have a clutching system that will keep the engine in the heart of its power band in deep mud.
    I have very little doubt that your machine will be king in the mud holes. The smooth bottom and the extra ground clearance provided by the Argo design and the ASX tires should make you unstoppable. I can't wait to see a mud hole competition between you, J.P. Swift and the owner of the blue MaxIV with the Aqua Torque tires. Oh man, that kind out stuff is worth a trip to Busco beach.

So is it all tested and rettogo? 4 months til the debut? Are you gonna let Jennifer drive "her" machine?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I've got the T20 apart. I got a new 9 tooth shift collar from Matt O. and I picked up some O-rings last weekend. Hope to put the T20 back together this weekend.

I know how to drag a project out.

Very nice work Mike. Looking forward to seeing it at a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I know how to drag a project out.
    I hear ya

Mike: I don't see any brakes in the machine, are you just using the t20 to brake the machine? Its looking like a fine build, would like to see the machine perform next to a stock Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Mike: I don't see any brakes in the machine, are you just using the t20 to brake the machine? Its looking like a fine build, would like to see the machine perform next to a stock Avenger.
    Just using the T20 for brakes.

As for performance, I still haven't finished it. I really have just lost interest in it. I did get the T20 back together and in the machine but it's not adjusted correctly. Unfortunately, part of the tight fit of this design doesn't allow me to adjust the T20 in the machine because I can't get the popsicle sticks off the center post so I end up having to pull the transmission each time. It was a poor design but I knew that going into it. It won't be bad once it's adjusted but for now it sucks.

So that's where it currently sits, put together and running but the T20 needs to be adjusted some more. I'll get in the mood to work on it again sometime, probably the week before Busco.

+ Reply to Thread