Clever Trevor's seat apron

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clever Trevor's seat apron

Clever Trevor's seat apron

Hello,
    First of, Rock Doc, I have not quit making your winch cover, it's just harder. Anyway, user Trevorakm1 contacted me to make him an item. He saw it in Cabella's, but needed something a little different. Basically a seat apron for frequently retrieved items. it looked like this

so, we talked dimension, and came up with this 30" deal, with about 8 or 9 inches of pocket. It's got a little elastic for pens and stuff in one pocket, and it's got a removable center "grab bag" with several mesh pockets in it, it's got some steel grommets for drainage. Anyway, a neat idea.

yeah that's just what i wanted, very cool and quick. i'm still trying to sort out the details in my head of what i wanted and blam you're already done. it looks like it'll work great and the detachable center pouch my kids are going to love and fight over who gets to carry it. like i said i love multicam and it'll look great with the tundra green of my bigfoot. i have to keep scrolling up to look at it again. this looks to be a great match to the rifle bag set up i'm getting. hit me with the seat back nerf bar cover. im glad i reached out to you for this, aaron. thank you!

i just noticed the item your using as a weight in one of those pictures, that 2012 FAR/AIM. i have to tell ya i really don't mind not having that thing in my life anymore although it is one of the best books to sleep by. any of the pilots around here will know what i'm talking about when i say far 91.2 section b of subpart a of regulation 96.8 subset d which is superceeded by section 3 of reg 98.103 section 2 subpart f.....blah, blah, blah......no disrespect and very informative but what a page turner.

trevor

No hurry on that winch cover, sorry I have not gotten back to you in the last couple days, very busy at home.
    I like the seat apron, a friend has something VERY similar hanging off the back of his Argo seat. No idea where he got it, but it works great.

RD

I"m actually sitting at my desk here at work with the FAR/AMT book.
    I want nothing to do with it after work hours
    or during work hours for that matter!

always the least enjoyable part of studying for my tickets. necessary evil.

So, does that Apron just hang from the "Square Tube" seat frame? How are you "mounting" it,........... buttons, hooks? It looks like it would be easy to modify it to hang from behind the seat Backrest.

What the he// is a FAR/AIM Book?

RD

i took a bucket tool liner and cut it in half one in the front and one in the back
    Bucket-Liner Tool Organizer | Must-Have Tools for Every Skill Level | Photos | Hand Tools | Tools and Products | This Old House
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

i'm not exactly sure how i want to mount it. i could just fasten it to the bottom of the bench seat and let the excess lay over the trays under the seat as a sort of dust cover. the only disadvantage is if i pull the seat out this apron goes with it and all that it holds and could be cumbersome. i really want to hard fasten to the seat/ tray frame so i can remove the seat and get at the trays. my thought is i can put easy to reach items in this and i have found a doulble rifle bag that can be hung from the back seat rest i n the rear of the argo like the pouch system argo sells. the rifle bag is in the same camo and holds two rifles, two pistols, and has three pouches on the outside. it also has molle attachment points on either side of the pouches so more storage can be added and customized to suit needs. it a voodoo tactical 42" rifle bag that also has harness straps so can be worn as a pack. this rifle bag is versital for carry other items other than guns but will work well for hunting. i'm trying to rig the argo for maximum storage without comprimising seating area. i'm still looking for some sort of bag to fill that area in the back between the lower tub rear wheel and the rear of the tub below the back seats, sort of triangular. i'm leaning toward some of those saddle bags for bicycles. maybe aaron can come up with something for that to. i'm 6' tall so my legs are usually a way from the front of the gas tank so i thought this was a good spot for some storage, things that can be grabed easy...phone, first aid kit, and so forth. i don't plan on filling everything and weighing the argo down, i just like to have the option. i like convenience, practicality and the k.i.s.s. principle.

kevin, i didn't even think of those bucket buddy's. i've seen more plumbers with those and it never dawned on me, but now you got the wheels in my head turning. the thing i like about the apron aaron made is the camo, as my daughters say daddy's favorite color is camoflage. aaron also went above what i thought it was going to be. hopefully he's working on a cover for a pipe insulation for the back of the seat rest in the same camo. my youngest sometimes hits her head on that bar and i want it covered and camo.

the FAR/AIM book is the federal aviation regulations and the airman's information manual combined into one book, very necessary but a dull and not exactly user friendly. ot's of flipping back and forth between regulations. you get to know it eventually but very dry reading and update every year as aviation evolves.
    trevor

+ Reply to Thread