Conquest Alternator Kit Review

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Conquest Alternator Kit Review

after you install one you will take the desighner off your xmass card list.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    With this going to happen, I have been reading and looking at your photos. Just a question for you (WRENCHES) which I am not, It looks like the Alt is at the bottom where the water would be splashing on it when the tub has water in it. Is that so and who would design it being there. Just a question. Or am I wrong?

I am going to recharge this thread. I removed the radiator an loosened the plastic intake for the radiator an the alternator went in with no issues. It did take some time mostly because I was trying to figure out where everything went. Now that I know what to do I could do it in three hours. Started it up and others are right the volt meter stays at at constant 14 volts. Before if I let it idle for any amount of time the battery wouldn't start the machine. I will be using it hunting this winter where it can be well below zero farhnheit most days. A person could die with a dead battery that far away from a road, not worth the chance. So thanks everyone for the tips, removing the radiator is the way to go.

Ok last post If you are thinking about buying an alternator its well worth the money. The battery stays charged, the machine starts better because the battery is at full charge, the heater doesn't drain the battery and the lights are brighter, you can let it idle so the engine and cab warms up without the battery going dead. So yes it cost a bit but its worth the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ndcommander View Post
    Ok last post If you are thinking about buying an alternator its well worth the money. The battery stays charged, the machine starts better because the battery is at full charge, the heater doesn't drain the battery and the lights are brighter, you can let it idle so the engine and cab warms up without the battery going dead. So yes it cost a bit but its worth the cost.
    I'll second that. I didn't have the "pleasure" of putting mine in as my Conquest came with it. I have had to do a couple of looong winch pulls in a snow storm at night and I was glad I had the alternator on board. I also like being able to run my big off road lights, head lights, wipers, and heater/defroster out in a blizzard w/o worrying about draining my battery.

You made a good choice with the alt installation for all the reasons everyone mentioned. Do yourself a favour and retension the belt after a few hours of operation, carry a spare besides and hope you never have to install it on the trail.
    As part of your regular service you should check the belts before heading out. A worn belt,even though it feels tight will slip and let your battery discharge. If the bottom of the belt has a knife edge it is not gripping the sides of the pulleys and will slip.
    Enjoy your brite lites... RR

I pickup the kit because battery go dead on nights rides with lights, all tips of installing good to know, and now I have find thread on conquest batterys

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingedge View Post
    I pickup the kit because battery go dead on nights rides with lights, all tips of installing good to know, and now I have find thread on conquest batterys
    Battery tray takes a group 50/51 battery. Same as a 2000 Honda civic.

Time to revive a old thread. Search works great...Had a alternator kit installed on my conquest bye ARGOJIM. No more voltage issues. The blower that keeps the brakes cool. Is getting put on a switch to turn it off when not doing a lot of turning. New 4500lb winch going on. And a yellow top battery getting installed.

Thanks ARGOJim !!!!!
    Last edited by multifuel71; 06-09-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    8 wheels are better then 4!

+ Reply to Thread