battery

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: battery

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    OK,
    ... A low profile battery will sit under the Gas Tank, the rear Floorboard needs to be modified for this aproach. (I am not comfortable with this location.)

RD
    Hey Doc, I tend to agree based on the proximity to possible fumes/vapers/SPARK but is this why you dislike this location?

(I realize we are revisiting an old thread but I greatly appreciate it )

I watched a guy on youtube, he had his second battery mounted where Rock Doctor had mentioned.
    Would that extra weight cause the body to droop?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Hey Doc, I tend to agree based on the proximity to possible fumes/vapers/SPARK but is this why you dislike this location?

(I realize we are revisiting an old thread but I greatly appreciate it )
    Yes, thats exactly why I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rck90 View Post
    I watched a guy on youtube, he had his second battery mounted where Rock Doctor had mentioned.
    Would that extra weight cause the body to droop?
    Thanks
    Not at all on the older machines, like Conquests. Maybe on newer machines, like the Avenger............Kidding

RD

RD, Do you have pic of the battery up front, It would have major advantages on the other side by the chains!
    Thanks
    No I don't, I've only seen it a couple times. My concern here would be heat from the exhaust, but if done properly, that could be avoided.

RD

Thanks, RD. Looks like it is my only choice for an additional battery area. I'll use heat insulation. I have grand kids and an enclosed ARGO and just thinking about battery acid in the cab with me makes my skin itch!

When I purchased my argo the previous owner ran a trolling motor and lots of lights. He mounted a group 27 battery in the back and was just bouncing around. I made a new floor, put the battery in a box and secured it. Its a bit large but it always starts and lights are no issue.

Thanks, RD. Looks like it is my only choice for an additional battery area. I'll use heat insulation. I have grand kids and an enclosed ARGO and just thinking about battery acid in the cab with me makes my skin itch!
    All the new machines have the battery inside the cab, under the seat, but at least they are covered. Have you thought of using a Gel Battery, or a sealed battery to mitigate the possibility of leaking Acid?

RD

I'am now ...thanks RD!

Optima yellow top. The only battery I'll buy, I got them in my truck, jeep, welder, argo, kubota backhoe and my wife's car. Cost a few bucks more but worth every penny. The truck and welder started every time in the winter, even at -42!!! They never leak and are a deep cycle-hi amp, the best of both worlds...

My 2014 Argo has the battery under the drivers seat.

My old Argo (1970 something) had the battery behind the firewall beside the tranny, I didn't like it there either.

The gel is looking like the winner. it could fit in back but the spousal unit (wife) don't like the idea of having grand kids in the back with anything. She likes it to be clean so no one gets banged against it..lol

I may just set it up on the left fender next to the muffler and use heat insulator to keep it cool. I haven't checked the muffler heat after driving to see just how hot it gets

If that don't look like a good spot then it goes in back...with the grand kids...

Thanks for the input! I may be looking to replace a few more batts around here!

+ Reply to Thread