battery

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: battery

Bright orange "odyssey" dry cell's are worth a look. Unaffected by heat/vibration and can also be mounted in numerous positions. They are an excellent cranking battery with 2-3 times the cranking amperage as other batteries w/comparable size. You can also use them as a deep cycle just size them appropriately.

Hey buzz, thanks! I'll look them up now!

I also Agree on the odessey battery. They are pretty good.

I have a 1999 conquest 8x8. When I bought the machine last year, the guy had a Duralast 51-DL battery in it. $117 at Autozone. Only 425 CCA (cold cranking amps) and 75 mins of reserve capacity. It never worked great when cold out, especially at my cabin at 11,000ft. This summer it crapped out. Won't hold a charge. Just replaced it with an Optima 8025-160 25 RedTop Starting Battery. Only $140 on amazon with free ship. Not bad! 720 CCA and 90 minutes of reserve. Its CCA that helps in cold weather, so I am hoping it works better this winter. I just fired it up and it started instantly! Sweet. I had to trim the plastic casing top and bottom of the battery, but the 6-pack part of the casing fit between the two threaded rods on the battery tray, so I was able to reuse the stock mounting. just in case anybody out there is looking for more starting amps.

Did the bottom of battery actually fit down into the battery tray after trimming it or is it just sitting on top of the tray?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
    I have a 1999 conquest 8x8. When I bought the machine last year, the guy had a Duralast 51-DL battery in it. $117 at Autozone. Only 425 CCA (cold cranking amps) and 75 mins of reserve capacity. It never worked great when cold out, especially at my cabin at 11,000ft. This summer it crapped out. Won't hold a charge. Just replaced it with an Optima 8025-160 25 RedTop Starting Battery. Only $140 on amazon with free ship. Not bad! 720 CCA and 90 minutes of reserve. Its CCA that helps in cold weather, so I am hoping it works better this winter. I just fired it up and it started instantly! Sweet. I had to trim the plastic casing top and bottom of the battery, but the 6-pack part of the casing fit between the two threaded rods on the battery tray, so I was able to reuse the stock mounting. just in case anybody out there is looking for more starting amps.

I put a optima yellow top 51r from streetsideauto for 147 dollars free shipping dropped right in place on my argo response works greet.

no, I had to trim the case a bit.

did not take a picture of that part, and I don't think this pic really shows it. Basically, the two rods that come off the "tray" that go vertical, that you put the retainer onto over the battery and bolt down, are too narrow. But by trimming the "foot plate" of the battery case, as well as the top plastic part, i squeezed it in. The plastic around the "6-pack" part of the battery did fit between the rods, barely.

this is the battery
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._detailpages00

oh, I understand you question. no the battery does not sit down in the tray, its on top of it technically. Will try for a better picture since I still have the cover off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave47631 View Post
    I put a optima yellow top 51r from streetsideauto for 147 dollars free shipping dropped right in place on my argo response works greet.
    Optima 8171-767
    only 450 CCA

FYI in case anyone is wondering.

$147 free ship on amazon

Thanks for the info. Do you think the battery could slide forward or backward during some rough terrain driving? That is my concern I guess if it is not down into the tray.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
    oh, I understand you question. no the battery does not sit down in the tray, its on top of it technically. Will try for a better picture since I still have the cover off.

+ Reply to Thread