battery

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: battery

battery

What kind of battery do argos come with
    mine has a car battery.but would like to put it back up front in the proppr spot
    never will ride anything with less then 6 wheels again

My 2000 Conquest 8x8 uses a group 51 car battery that fits in the battery tray up front to the right of the transmission. A group 51 battery is the same as a Honda civic battery.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetDaddy View Post
    What kind of battery do argos come with
    mine has a car battery.but would like to put it back up front in the proppr spot
    Where is it now?
    Why would you want it back in beside the Trans? Makes it damn near impossible to service the front right corner of the machine. Just curious is all, I went to some trouble to relocate my batteries, and like having the room to access chains/bearings, ect where the Battery used to be.

RD

RD,

Where do you have the battery's mounted in your fleet of conquests? It is a huge PITA to remove the battery and tray every time I do my regular scheduled maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    RD,

Where do you have the battery's mounted in your fleet of conquests? It is a huge PITA to remove the battery and tray every time I do my regular scheduled maintenance.
    I'm on my cell, not sure if this will work, but I like them on the rear rack, some friends of mine prefer them under the gas tank

Mobile Photobucket

RD

Mine is in the back tray.but with the kids I was worrying that they my get hurt from the acid if it leaks.The person how wired it use jumpper cables wire.will it freeze in the winter back there to we use it for ice fishing but we are going to be staying out on the ice all week bunglo trip the hut has bunk bed in it yahoohoooo
    never will ride anything with less then 6 wheels again

Quote Originally Posted by SweetDaddy View Post
    Mine is in the back tray.but with the kids I was worrying that they my get hurt from the acid if it leaks.The person how wired it use jumpper cables wire.will it freeze in the winter back there to we use it for ice fishing but we are going to be staying out on the ice all week bunglo trip the hut has bunk bed in it yahoohoooo
    OK, Jumper Cables are NOT good enough. It's OK to have it in the back, but I would surely put inside a proper Battery Box and Wire it properly.
    Some ideas (Good, Bad, and Ugly)
    A low profile battery will sit under the Gas Tank, the rear Floorboard needs to be modified for this aproach. (I am not comfortable with this location.)
    Battery can be mounted under the upper body between the Exhaust and the Dash. Battery would sit on the Lower tub fender, aproximatly over the second tire back. It's a bit of a PITA, Side Mount Battery Posts are best.
    If you are handy with a welder, you could build A rear Rack something like I've made for my machines, mount the battery back there. (Obviously this is my prefered location). Battery is Easy to access and out of the way.

RD

will any group 51 size battery fit?
    2003 Argo Conquest
    Wasilla, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    will any group 51 size battery fit?
    Yes. I got mine from my neighbor hood NAPA dealer, about $100 with turn-in of old. I took my tray out of my 2000 Conquest and took in the store and sat batteries in it until we found one that fit and it was a group 51.

RD, Do you have pic of the battery up front, It would have major advantages on the other side by the chains!
    Thanks
    Last edited by Rck90; 03-18-2014 at 11:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread