Looking for ARGO HDI suspention seat reviews

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for ARGO HDI suspention seat reviews

Looking for ARGO HDI suspention seat reviews

Hello,
    I am new to 6x6w. I am looking for opinions - reviews on the Argo suspention seats that are an HDI option. They also come on the HDI SE model which is 20% more $. My wife is sugesting that I order the HDI with the suspention seat and my dealer says they are too small for an Alaskan mans but and not worth it. I don't even know the cost of this option on the HDI. I am inquiring because my new HDI may get hacked up right away with a John Deere seat on the left side if I don't get the suspention seat option. thanks

The stock Avenger seats are actually pretty good.....for a chunk of plywood w/foam on it. Because your battery, fuel tank, and storage is below the front seat, I wouldn't hack up the frame or make any other permanent changes. My suggestion would be to make a new front seat bottom with a little thicker foam, or firmer foam, or both. Permanent changes can really kill the resale of a machine.

A machine with the Suspension seats is a little tight for 2 guys. If you take a buddy out with you, make sure your good friends, it's going to be "cozy".

RD

Suspension seat option is around $1,260.00. Thought about putting them in my new rig,not going to,like RD mentioned,no wiggle room,and the 4" foam seats on the newer units is really quit comfortable.For 20% more for the SE, you can add the same options to a reg. unit for less. I have a suspension seat on my JD 2940,it's comfortable,but not $1,260.00 comfortable.

I was told by an Argo dealer that Argo SE Avenger 8x8 has different brackets made onto the frame and the suspension seats bolt onto them. This means you'll have to do frame modifications on your frame

Thanks for all of the info. I guess we'll try it out then make a change to the seat if needed. Northern tool has some pretty affordable suspension seats but as you (mudbug3) point out, argo builds special bracing into the frame for their version of the suspension seat. I should have said earlier that my eventual goal is to get a rops equivalent and a left seat with 4 point harness capability as the wife is in a chair. Maybe the argo suspension seat wouldn't work for that anyways.

Aztoak

My Argo dealer told me that Argo uses a whole different frame than what is used on the regular Argo HDI 8x8 for the Argo HDI SE 8x8. To get this special suspension seat frame you have to order the whole SE package from the factory.

While you can get the suspension seats for your HDI the ROPS requires seat belts which you can't use with the suspension seats ( unless you bolt them in yourself ) your dealer will probably refuse to combine the 2. Just for a safety note, you should not operate an AATV with a ROPS or roll cage without seat belts as it is more deadly than without in a case of roll over.

I got myself an Avenger a couple of years ago with the bench seats and a few runs had me looking at the suspension seats, getting old I guess....bought two seats from a mining supply company in Sudbury.... identical to the ODG seats but less costly.
    Due to health issues I'm just starting the mod now, I agree with Rock Doctor they will be cozy but most days my co-pilot is my dog & she's got a skinny butt

+ Reply to Thread