Aluminum rack being made locally.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aluminum rack being made locally.

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    Better get some pictures up man! Sounds way cool!
    If that's aimed at me, not much to take pictures of yet. Pile of parts here, pile of part there.

That heat wave week before last made me think breakup was here, so I moved the tub and frame outside to work on. Two days later we got 16" of snow.

As to the rack, I'll have my built to my Argo so we can make sure she fits as soon as the Argo is back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I think you'd have a similar response if you were to see one of my infamous 6X6World bumper sticker pics. Right everyone? haha.
    The original Argo dealership here in Alaska bumper sticker was:

Take it out and play with it. Alaska Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSAK View Post
    The original Argo dealership here in Alaska bumper sticker was:

Take it out and play with it. Alaska Argo.
    Take a swift style picture and post it. Otherwise no one will believe you.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Take a swift style picture and post it. Otherwise no one will believe you.
    Kinda hard considering Alaska Argo hasn't been around for something like 20+ years.

I am curious if this thread was talking about Husky Freighters in Wasilla. Who else is reasonable here? I certainly haven't seen anything for $1000. I'm currently weighing the options of buying aluminum or having someone just build me a rack for my hdi.

It was a gent named Jason Neyman and his business is Alumineyman in Wasilla. He works out of his shop at his house. The price may have gone up from what I paid, but it's still a very fair price for the results. I painted it with a rough textured black primer type coating - we'll see how well that holds up. It's awesome though for a rack - super light weight and very strong with excellent support. I can sit up there on a camp chair and glass all day long. Here's the only pic I have for now.

Jason at Home - Aluminum Welding can make a nice rack for a 750 HDI for around $1000. Its always cheaper to make one yourself if you are set up to do so. I spent $120 for my aluminum tubing and angle at Alaska Steel in Fairbanks and $156 for a aluminum sheet 4'x8'x1/8". Then its just your time. Good luck

Thanks for the info. I spoke with Alumneiman (now $1500) and Husky Freighters ($1700). I ended up buying some aluminum. My first one will be ugly but It will be a great learning experience. I started out with 2x2x1/8 angle runners then 1 1/2x1/8 square tube uprights. I started with my Lincoln 140 but switched to a borrowed Lincoln 180 after having problems, mostly due to being an aluminum newbie I suppose.

Anyone who purchased a rack from Jason have any reviews on it? I would like to get a rack for a 750hdi

Thanks
    Josh

Couple years of use and it's still holding up as I expected it would. I love the rack. Carries gear, gives me a place to sit and glass, protects the soft top when crashing through brush and makes a fine tent tie off.

even makes a dandy meat rack when there's no trees around....

+ Reply to Thread