2005 Avenger TLC/Upgrade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2005 Avenger TLC/Upgrade

Hello JohnF,

I do believe that the conquest bearing extensions have bolts and the avenger extensions have built in studs. Thanks.

Hello kingtroller,

I just ordered the kit from Adair. Mike was very helpful. I decided to order the cork gaskets from the local dealer because it was cheaper for me. I was just wondering how many gaskets would I need for all of the axles? Also, is it one gasket before the plate (against the tub) and two after the plate per axle? Thanks.

I just purchased a 2004 avenger aswell. I was wondering aswell if i have to change the front and rear bearing extentions to do the hd upgrade... i wonder if it is only adair that sells that adaptor kit or is it available at our local argo dealer...?

I'm pretty sure the adapter kit is available at all Argo dealers! And no you don't have to buy new bearing extensions to do the bearing upgrade if I'm not mistaken?

You'll have to research the upgrade path for your specific machine. Argo's upgrade route is easy for some and does require new axle extensions for others. I have a '97 conquest and my choice would have involved new axle extensions. The Adair kit takes a bit of a different route to the upgrade and they (as far as I know) can adapt any. It is the route I took for the 2 axles I've upgraded.

I guess I'm trying to point out that there are two paths you can follow and the Adair guys can answer for both.

Curtis,
    The adapters from Adair are bullet proof and make it easy. I'm sure these kits are available at other Argo dealers, but not all. Best money spent on this project and saved me a ton of time. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread