few pics of my argo and adjustable outboard mount i built, thanks to Mike, Tim Adair

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: few pics of my argo and adjustable outboard mount i built, thanks to Mike, Tim Adair

few pics of my argo and adjustable outboard mount i built, thanks to Mike, Tim Adair

this is a few pics of my argo and outboard mount i built

i also want to say thanks to Mike and Tim at Adair argo i
    bought a ton of parts including tracks and they always shipped fast and very helpful

More photos here: http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/g113...tor-mount.html
    Last edited by Mike; 08-20-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: moved photos in gallery to album

Nice clean well thought out.Cheers NCT

Your machine looks awesome!!!!

Thanks. I will post a pic of the design with dimension control if anyone's interested. It really helps to be able to drop outboard down

Bspears, What a great invention! I have an Avenger that will get a lot of use as a small water fishing boat. I also have a Honda 8 HP short-shaft (15" Shaft). From the research I have done, the short shaft on the Argo factory outboard mount just does not allow the propeller to go deep enough to work properly. In fact, the bottom of the skeg is about even with the bottom of the Avenger so obviously not low enough. I have been debating on trying to sell the short shaft and buy a new long shaft but that still involves a lot of money. My short shaft is is great shape and I really hate to git rid of it. I have been looking at many different options for some sort of spring-loaded mount that would lower the motor to the proper depth for water operation but I have been concerned about how difficult it would be to steer with the tiller at sharper angle. Your solution looks like it takes care of both problems. Because the motor is farther behind the stern, the angle of the tiller would be reduced even when the motor is set deep. It also looks like the bracket on the back of the front seat is for transport? What HP is your Coleman motor? Is the HP adequate for the Avenger? Any experience or recommendations you could share would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Bspears that rack is the answer to a common problem of needing a long shaft motor.Using the hitch to support your out board is a great idea but I caution you to check out the bolts on your hitch.My 2013 HDI came from the factory/dealer with a stripped bolt on the hitch receiver.I removed the 4 bolts drilled out the nuts and installed 4 4in. bolts through the frame with a 1/4x2in. piece of steel drilled to match behind the frame for more strength.The locknuts are on the outside of the machine.I used the same technique to mount a rack behind my machine.Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bspears View Post
    Thanks. I will post a pic of the design with dimension control if anyone's interested. It really helps to be able to drop outboard down
    Hey very interested if you could post that pic with design dimensions.

Would you be interested in building another to sell? If not I could make myself but any design info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello thanks for the comments I've been working a lot lately. I've had a few pm's about mount I have had time to try it out. And it works great!! Getting the motor in the water make a world if dif. I will try to GPS it and give you all the facts. The only thing that is a draw back is when you lower the motor you have to raise the handle to clear the vertical tubbing when steering to one side. For me it was no big deal because I wanted the motor shaft ground clearances during transport vs cutting the main vertical shaft lower at the top. I will get the plans online tomorrow

Really like your design! Exactly what I need to build for my bigfoot!

Can you share the dimensions?

Hi
    I really like your out board motor build. I also noticed you have rear mud or snow flaps installed on the rear of your Argo. I cannot see any fasteners in the pictures and I was wondering how you fastened them to the under body????

Paul

+ Reply to Thread