Argo models & bearing extensions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Argo models & bearing extensions

I ran My Magnum for 5 years with the supertracks without rear bearing extensions and had no issues. I just went through more outer rear bearings than anywhere else due to the lever effect of the track tension. One more option for you might be to install front (conquest style) extensions and for the rear, upgrade to HD axels and install HD bearings on the rear axles. It all depends on how much you want to haul with your argo. I do not think the HD axle is stronger than the older 2 part flange axles but they have a much stronger Flange to handle track tension.

I live in Timmins Ontario

Dave

Five years is impressive! Are your flanges braced to the axle? Magnum has splined axles, right? I appreciate your ideas and suggestions.
    I don't haul heavy loads, but I do use my argo to skid logs for firewood so it does get a good workout in that regard. I don't flog my machine as if it were a skidder but it's not pampered either.

No shortage of great argo terrain around Timmins!

Supermag - is this the type of extension you put on the rear of your magnum? Argo part number 810-112.
    Argo Part 810-112 EXTENSION ASY, BEARING W/ NUTS

I had thought about using the conguest style extension on the front of my argo (p/n 810-52, as you suggested) but since my frame does not have the round cross tube, I'd have to turn it around to face the rear. But the frame flex in your friend's application that you mentioned has me looking at other options.
    I'm wondering if 810-112 could be used on the front of my argo (as well as the rear), with the 3 hole side of the extension facing the rear.

Those are the ones I put on my Magnum for the rear axles. I'm sure they would work fine on the front as long as there is room for the bolts. I will get out to where I keep my Argo and take measurements for you before the end of the week.

Dave

Ok, thank you. One more question - at the same time, could you please measure the depth of the frame rail on your magnum? I am wondering if the magnum and I/C are the same in that regard.

Bob

Hi Bob. I measured the frame on my Magnum.
    I have 6.5" from the center of the rear axle to the rear frame cross member. You would need 4.75" from the center of the a axle to fit the avenger extensions the way they were intended to be
    mounted and 4.25" if you needed to flip them 180. My frame is 4" deep outside to outside

Dave

Hi Dave
    Great -thank you for the measurements. I should be able to have a look at my frame this week to compare.

Bob

+ Reply to Thread