Argo Bigfoot LED Headlight upgrade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Bigfoot LED Headlight upgrade

Argo Bigfoot LED Headlight upgrade

I recently purchased 2 LED sealed 18W headlight units off ebay that fit into the bigfoot's headlight opening almost perfectly. The lights were easy to wire using a couple of quick splice connectors. I drilled a small hole just below the opening to install a mounting screw so I could used the included mounting bracket. The argo headlight cover hides the mounting screw so you can't see it. Overall it looks pretty good and provides a lot more light output than the led bulbs or stock bulbs I've been using.

My original ideal was to use the argo rubber headlight gasket that later argos use to provide a nice seal around the LED headlight but the gasket is a bit too big so I still have to come up with some type of gasket material. There's perhaps an 1/8" gap around the light which I"d like to seal up.

The lights I"m using are the flood pattern versions and they put out quite a bit of light. The included pic shows the 18W LED headlight compared to a SMD 13W LED bulb I have installed in the other headlight. The new headlight is significanlty brighter... and is providing all the illumination. Compared to the stock bulbs the 18W is much better as well although I didn't include a comparison shot.

Here's where I got them on ebay 2X18W LED Flood Beam Epistar LED Work Light Offroad Lamp Car Truck Boat SUV 4WD | eBay

Looks good. They fit right in there. I see something shinni g behind the machine also. Do you have an led back there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted1 View Post
    Looks good. They fit right in there. I see something shinni g behind the machine also. Do you have an led back there too?
    No lights on back...that's the house light in the background.

would these fit on an argo response? they look about the same set up. did you cut the bottom the the light housing to fit the mounting hardware through?

Looks awesome!!! More light and less power draw.

Maybe some kinda o-ring material? Maybe a sheet of rubber gasket material? Maybe a good quality silicone?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3mm-Diameter-...vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

I don't know how you'd keep it in there, just a suggestion.
    Last edited by 2014SE; 02-25-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Use some Sikaflex 291 in black. The stuff is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
    Use some Sikaflex 291 in black. The stuff is awesome.
    Excellent!!

I have those exact lights front and rear. I'm supper happy with them!
    Alaska floating atvs group on face book. Fixing help and trail rides!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alaska.AATVs/

85ish Argo 8x8 geo metro engine, hdi axles and 3 bearings per axle.

78 ford bronco... 460 lockers.... "Alaskan tow vehicle"

ATV = Alaska Terain Vehicle

anyone have a link on ebay where those led lights are i want to make sure I get the correct ones. I have a 97 argo vanguard 2 thanks guys.. Mogman

+ Reply to Thread