heavy duty argo axles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: heavy duty argo axles

Hello, Thank you for the reply. I have seen both videos several times. they are very good but they are for a conquest not for an avenger. I don't know if that makes a difference? can you please tell me how many HD style gaskets I would need for the front / rear as well as the mids? I do know that I have to remove part of the tub for the mids, that's if I don't use the adair adaptor kit. Thanks for your time.

The only difference between the conquest and the avenger are the bearing extenssion design. The conquest uses 4 long bolts that go from the bearing flange to the outer frame rail to secure the bearing in place. The avenger uses studs on the bearing extenssions to fasten the bearing. The studs may need to be lengthened in order to accept the HD bearings. The procedure for installing the HD bearings onto your avenger will basically be the same as what Rock Doctor did for his conquest. You will need 3 cork gaskets behind the bearing housings to get a proper seal. As for the mids, you can do as in the video and bore out some of the tub to allow the inner bearing ring to sit on the frame or buy the adaptor plates from Adair Argo. If you bore out the opening in the tub you will only need one gasket as the plastic tub will take up the thickness of two gaskets. If you choose to buy the adapter plates, you will need four gaskets per bearing. One between the adaptor and the tub and three between the adaptor and the outer bearing housing.
    I am almost certain that you will need to change the hardware in your bearing extenssions in order to fasten the new bearing housing as the new HD bearings require longer bolts or studs due to the thickness of the full bearing assembly.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Hello again,

Thank you for the information. Very helpful. I have ordered the adaptor kit from Adair already. I have also removed the original studs from the bearing extensions and will be replaced by the ones from Adair. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread