Argo Sputtering Occasionally

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Argo Sputtering Occasionally

I would get rid of the screen in the tank and keep the inline filter. It's just easier maintenance.

Do you think the filter could be damaging the pump?? Is that why argo suggests to remove it??

did you ever figure this problem out

Xplicit?my 750 HDI started dropping a cylinder at low and high speed.

I also experienced a pump failure at 100 hours.We do not have "crappy" gas here in NZ., so gumming up is not an issue.The replacement pump from Kohler which I purchased is a different and supposedly improved model.
    Here's hoping.

Update on my 2009 Avenger 750EFI:

I just replaced the "stock" Walbro fuel pump.....I paid way too much from ARGO......can get it much cheaper online directly from Walbro......I already had it ordered so no deal for me !!

Here's a list of the other stuff I did to this machine:

1. Replaced the brake blower fan.....all internal fins were ripped off??.....I also found out the hard way that it is way cheaper to go direct to Jabsco for this fan than purchase at ARGO;
    2. Pulled the fuel tank - cleaned it - reinstall....friggin nightmare job....I don't get frustrated easy but that job was just not right....I would not recommend it....I would drill a hole in the bottom and install a valve next time....has anyone done this...I know that I will have to flush her out again some day.....bad fuel here!!
    3. Replaced the EFI (steel) fuel filter...buy from Napa or other third party...once again, way overpriced at ARGO;
    4. Installed bush bar from ARGO....I would say worth the $$....I wouldn't hang the ARGO from it, but it seems solid....andlooks cool;
    5. Did a lot of re-wiring......bilge switch died, and lights were touch and go......I would appreciate any information on recommended switches and overall electrical upgrades....I just wanna keep it simple, reliable, and easy to trouble shoot and repair if I am deep in the bush;
    6. Replaced some fuel line and the pick-up to the tank......some of it was already breaking down....crazy after only 5 years????....again bad fuel??
    7. Based on #6, I want to replace the fuel line from the steel filter to the engine.....I would like some help here regarding how to route this line.....it seems that I would have to split the beast open??? Also, can someone comment on whether 50 psi rated 5/16 fuel line is sufficient, or do I have to deal out big bucks for EFI specialized fuel line???

After all that she seems to run well......I have not had time to take her for a long run yet...so not 100% sure.

....next projects include installing warn winch and replacing the throttle cable.......anyone here have advice on cleaning the throttle linkages????....mine seem to be all gummed up and stick sometimes.....is there a cleaner and/or lube that is good here??

I hope this helps!!

....and I would really appreciate input on the above embedded questions.

Cheers, Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wern View Post
    I also experienced a pump failure at 100 hours.We do not have "crappy" gas here in NZ., so gumming up is not an issue.The replacement pump from Kohler which I purchased is a different and supposedly improved model.
    Here's hoping.
    Hi Wern....I would be very interested to know the brand and model of the pump you get.....I was going to order another fuel pump from Walbro to keep as a back-up if I need one in a hurry.....it took over at week to get one from ARGO and I paid way too much!!

Thanks, Rick

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    did you ever figure this problem out

Xplicit?my 750 HDI started dropping a cylinder at low and high speed.
    Hi Plott.....I did a *&$%-load of stuff to the 750 EFI....see earlier response on this thread....it seems to run well now.

One thing that I did not mention.....I very reluctantly took out the in-line low pressure fuel filter.....as recommended by ARGO......I posted a few weeks ago on this but got no feedback....so I did it because I was concerned that this may have caused the fuel pump to fail???? I will continue to research and may just put the filter back in.....once again as a secondary line of defense for the bad fuel.

I did read that if the fuel pump is not putting out the required psi (+/- 40psi) this may cause performance issues that you mention??

I would really like to know what's going on with yours??? Please keep me up to date??

Rick

I too removed the fuel tank and cleaned it,not to bad of a job.sure did not put rivets back in though,used small bolts instead.replaced the steel fuel filter,bought it from my local kohler dealer.everything seemed good until yesterday when it started dropping a cylinder,i then had a flash back from previous life experience.removed the new champion plugs and threw them away as far as I could throw.went to parts source and bought a set of NGK plugs.problem solved,runs like a beast now.

what fuel pump did you guys find for a replacement?i would like to carry a spare with me.we have no kohler dealer at the hunt camp.lol

Hey Plott,

Go to Walbro website and call the toll free number......you can order one and they will ship to your door....half ARGO price.

Here is the part #:

F30000271
    12 AMP Fuse Required
    22210-1 Made in the USA

....tell them it is for a Kohler 750 EFI

......it also comes with the proper 5/16" fittings and the install kit!!

I hope this helps!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    I too removed the fuel tank and cleaned it,not to bad of a job.sure did not put rivets back in though,used small bolts instead.replaced the steel fuel filter,bought it from my local kohler dealer.everything seemed good until yesterday when it started dropping a cylinder,i then had a flash back from previous life experience.removed the new champion plugs and threw them away as far as I could throw.went to parts source and bought a set of NGK plugs.problem solved,runs like a beast now.

what fuel pump did you guys find for a replacement?i would like to carry a spare with me.we have no kohler dealer at the hunt camp.lol

I would love to know how you easily removed/installed the tank???......hardest part for me was getting the filler neck installed with that stupid steel bent vent tube!!! Sorry but I am still pissed-off!!

+ Reply to Thread